Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree removal

Options
  • 30-03-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I need to get rid of a tree that's growing out my back yard. I've no idea what type of tree it is, but it's really too big for my small back yard, and blocks out a lot of sunlight when it leaves in the summer. The tree itself is about the height of my 2 story house.

Is this a job I could do myself by taking down the upper limbs with a ladder and a bow saw? (The upper limbs are quite skinny). If I need to get a professional in, how much am I looking at? I'm in the Cork City area.

Unfortunately I can't post an image because I'm a new user.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

sheepers wrote: »
    I need to get rid of a tree that's growing out my back yard. I've no idea what type of tree it is, but it's really too big for my small back yard, and blocks out a lot of sunlight when it leaves in the summer. The tree itself is about the height of my 2 story house.

Is this a job I could do myself by taking down the upper limbs with a ladder and a bow saw? (The upper limbs are quite skinny). If I need to get a professional in, how much am I looking at? I'm in the Cork City area.

Unfortunately I can't post an image because I'm a new user.

You need a professional, cost is very much dependent on the tree itself, but around 500 euro is the ballpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

sheepers wrote: »
    The tree itself is about the height of my 2 story house.

Is this a job I could do myself by taking down the upper limbs with a ladder and a bow saw? (The upper limbs are quite skinny).

You'll kill yourself :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you can buy overhead lopping saws. if the branches are thin enough to be cut with one, i'd say knock yourself out (figuratively speaking).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Get in a pro. Broken legs are no good in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

i'd say knock yourself out.

Literally :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 marask

Get a pro, the risk is not worth the couple of hundreds. They can take the wood with them too and clear the garden..

Advertisement