Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start Ltd Company after invoices have been sent/paid.

Options
  • 30-03-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

My accountant back in October recommended that I should look at registering as a Ltd company. He mentioned Jan 01 as being a good time.

It seemed like a big move and I wanted to research etc before making a decision

On Jan 01 I wasn't ready (still researching) but I started preparing for a possible move by

* invoicing my customers with new invoice (slightly different name, logo, brand etc)
    * new website (and domain)
    * I also contacted each client to inform them what was happening

All my issued 2016 invoices have been paid at this stage but I've yet to do anything with the payments. They're literally sitting in an account waiting for me to decide what to do IE Process them as a new Ltd Co (if poss) or process them as a SoleTrader (which I already am).

If I started a Limited company now, is there a way to treat those Jan, Feb and March invoices under the Ltd company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

eladnova wrote: »
    My accountant back in October recommended that I should look at registering as a Ltd company. He mentioned Jan 01 as being a good time.

It seemed like a big move and I wanted to research etc before making a decision

On Jan 01 I wasn't ready (still researching) but I started preparing for a possible move by

* invoicing my customers with new invoice (slightly different name, logo, brand etc)
    * new website (and domain)
    * I also contacted each client to inform them what was happening

All my issued 2016 invoices have been paid at this stage but I've yet to do anything with the payments. They're literally sitting in an account waiting for me to decide what to do IE Process them as a new Ltd Co (if poss) or process them as a SoleTrader (which I already am).

If I started a Limited company now, is there a way to treat those Jan, Feb and March invoices under the Ltd company?

No, it doesn't exist at the times the work was done and the invoices raised. The incorporation of a company is like the birth of a person, legally speaking - I dunno what research you've been doing for months, if you aren't yet aware of that...!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭eladnova

I dunno what research you've been doing for months, if you aren't yet aware of that...!

Obviously not as much as I should have - I was busy running the business :-/

Advertisement