Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling after 9 years of ownership :(

Options
  • 30-03-2016 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I've had my Motorhome in storage for the last 2 years and recently took it back out. I've had it nearly 10 years and it got used all the time up until I put it in storage.

Due to having problems getting insurance as I no longer have a car ( have a van) I've decided it's of little value to me anymore....

Can anyone help me put a value on it please?

It's a 1998 Hymer C644 on a fiat ducato 2.5td
    It has 120 k on the clock.

Although age is not on it's side it wants for nothing and everything works perfectly.

It's got the half garage and U lounge . I'll post some pics later but it looks like this one.

http://ads.caravansforsale.co.uk/motorhome/hymer-fiat-b-2-8-6-berth-2005-used-motorhomes-for-sale/546635

Any help with what to ask for would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

I remember seeing some threads on here (can;t fine them now) regarding getting insurance if you don't have car insurance. Maybe someone else can help with that.

Regarding value, depending on condition, I would imagine somewhere around 8-10k ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Dolmen used to do insurance without a car for about €800 maybe its only for existing policy holders who get rid of the car. Did you try richardsons insurance?

@Benbecul97
    I've never seen a 6 berth hymer on a 230 chassis advertised for anywhere near 8-10k even ancient ones on the old chassis are asking that.

If its in good nick with DOE I would have thought asking 15-17k expecting to get 14k.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

@crabbypaddy
    Don't you know you start the bidding low and work up! :D
    14k is probably more realistic and is near 10k ish! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Don't you know you start the bidding low and work up! :D

Cheeky! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Who is your van insurance with. If it's axa I'd try Dolmen email them and attach a photo of the motor home. Make it clear it is a very large camper and not practical and a daily driver that although you don't have a car you use your van as a daily driver. With a photo in front of them they may look at it differently. Ask if they will talk to the insurance company. They use axa. Likewise find oyt who the othe brokers use maybe users here could help.

I wouldn't sell the van unless store was costing to much the money will soon be gone and you'll never get another one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I've always wanted to take a 6 Berth with a U Shaped lounge, and convert it slightly, so that the U Shape becomes 2 sets of Bunk beds. The idea being that 4 Kids and 2 Adults (in the over head) can sleep without using the diner area.

This looks like the ideal candidate. Has anyone ever tried to do something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did you try richardsons insurance?

Richardsons will insure you through Allianz without a car policy:
    http://www.richardsoninsurance.ie/schemes/campers/

Dolmen do insurance without a car.
    If I could be bothered though it'd be cheaper buy a Nissan Micra, put her out to pasture and insure the log book.
    I'd also benefit from accruing a NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

AS far as I can tell you earn NCB with Allianz

Advertisement