Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whether to trade up, or not..

Options
  • 29-03-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi folks-am in a bit of a dilemma..I have a 2010 Mazda 6 2.2td TS., which I bought in spring 2012 with 52000 miles. There is 92500 miles on the clock, but in June 2013 the car needed an engine change at 62000 miles due to a catastrophic drop in oil pressure,which wrecked the big end bearings.I sourced an identical engine with 7000 miles on it-it came from a technical write off of a Company car.
    Three years later,my car is running fine, has passed NCTs and been serviced at a Mazda garage with no issues. I have 2 questions..
    1. Given the service history,how much is the car worth, and following on from that,
    2 Should I just stick with the car until it dies of old age? like I said, the car has given no trouble since the engine change, so i dont really need to change up, just fancy a change..

Daithi

Advertisement