Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Minibus Insurance

Options
  • 29-03-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hey guys , looking to buy a ford transit minibus 15 seater soon enough and was just wondering who insures them.

Just got the licence recently and starting up a business.

All I know so far is axa, most others don't quote and or don't have option online to select minibus.

I will ring them all anyway, but just looking who to start with if anyone one here drives one and has advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,197 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Contact some brokers. Many will offer cover on such vehicles or at least point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Did you get Driver's CPC, Transport manager CPC and licence for passenger transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭nu_90

CiniO wrote: »
    Did you get Driver's CPC, Transport manager CPC and licence for passenger transport?

Not got Transport manager CPC yet or the licence for passenger transport , as far a I know I can't get the licence for passenger transport without having the minibus.

I'm still in the early phase here hence looking for insurance quotes. Planning ahead. Would insurance company's be looking for cpc card numbers or such information for quotes? Il know tomorrow anyway..

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

nu_90 wrote: »
    Not got Transport manager CPC yet or the licence for passenger transport , as far a I know I can't get the licence for passenger transport without having the minibus.

I'm still in the early phase here hence looking for insurance quotes. Planning ahead. Would insurance company's be looking for cpc card numbers or such information for quotes? Il know tomorrow anyway..

Cheers

To be able to operate business offering passenger transport, you'll need to have licence for passenger transport.
    To get that, you'll need to have transport manager CPC qualification (or employ someone who has such qualifications) and obviously you'll need to have a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

try first ireland, we have a bus insured through them

• Advertisement
Advertisement