Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know where this house is?

Options
  • 29-03-2016 6:07pm

Howdy folks,

Interested in finding this house, but can't find a more detailed map of the place. Anyone familiar with the area know where I'd find it by any chance? (perhaps with a Google maps link, or coordinates?).

Having no luck at all. Found it on 2 or 3 different proeprty sites but none have an actual location :o

http://www.daft.ie/leitrim/bungalows-for-sale/mohill/clooboney-mohill-leitrim-1126267/

Cheers to anyone able to help out :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I don't mean to be smart, honestly - but would you not just ring the estate agent? :confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I don't mean to be smart, honestly - but would you not just ring the estate agent? :confused:

They don't have it on their books anymore, i don't believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

If it's five mins from Mohill & four from Dromod, it's in Bornacoola. Maybe try ''Cloonboney, Dromod'' in a search. I'd know the area fairly well but can't quite place it. Looks to be off the main road.

Actually here you go- http://www.littleshamrocks.com/Cloonboney-Cottage.html
    I think I know where it could be, going by the names but can't be 100% sure. A lot of Reynolds/Mulligans out that area.

Kovu wrote: »
    If it's five mins from Mohill & four from Dromod, it's in Bornacoola. Maybe try ''Cloonboney, Dromod'' in a search. I'd know the area fairly well but can't quite place it. Looks to be off the main road.

Actually here you go- http://www.littleshamrocks.com/Cloonboney-Cottage.html
    I think I know where it could be, going by the names but can't be 100% sure. A lot of Reynolds/Mulligans out that area.

When we told our friends that we were staying at a thatched cottage, everyone knew where it was.

Argh! and I still can't find the feckin' thing! :rolleyes::o

I'm up and down google map roads like it's no one's business. Can't see a single road I haven't travelled yet.

Thanks a lot for that, though, Kovu! Very helpful. Narrows down the area at least. Was hoping to find it tomorrow as I'm heading that direction but I still can't find it on a (google) map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Worst assassin ever!

Yeah I seen that video, Mech. From what I can gather, it's a thatched cottage, with a wall at the end of the front garden and a curved driveway, and it's gated.

It's also apparently halfway between Dromod and Mohill.

You'd think the thatched roof would make it stand out a mile on Google maps, but it's impossible to find it!

If anyone finds it before me, I'll paypal you a tenner! :P

Well if it's in that area and it used to belong to Mulligans, I'd hazard a guess at it being the Mulligans at Currycramp. Old Gerry would certainly know where it is anyway :D

FOUND IT!

Edit: Sorry, got excited there!

I accidentally stumbled upon it on Maps. (well, by accidentally, I mean i've been wandering down back roads randomly for about half an hour now!).

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/53.8725926,-7.9068669/Mohill,+Co.+Leitrim/@53.889132,-7.8995906,688m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x485e7dd0e1d57d61:0xa00c7a997317ae0!2m2!1d-7.8653101!2d53.9218288!3e0

Praise the lord! :D

A mssive thank you to everyone for helping out with that. :D

• Advertisement

Well if it's in that area and it used to belong to Mulligans, I'd hazard a guess at it being the Mulligans at Currycramp. Old Gerry would certainly know where it is anyway :D

I love the 'ruralness' of your posts. Everyone knows everyone by name. 'Old Gerry' :D I love how everyone kinda knows everyone (but in the good way, not the back-talking kinda way in towns and such.. or at least, that's how I perceive it to be, anyway). :)

Damn, never would have got spotted there. Nice part of the country though! I was sorta in the right area but not quite, if you go down the end of the road and look across, you'll see my A.I. mans shed :D:D
    How's that for a rural post!

Old Gerry has a famous herd of Angus, he's in Currycramp (Corracramph on G-Maps) which is right next to that cottage so I was close. Have a good day anyhow, Cox's in Dromod is very good for food.

Damn, never would have got spotted there. Nice part of the country though! I was sorta in the right area but not quite, if you go down the end of the road and look across, you'll see my A.I. mans shed :D:D
    How's that for a rural post!

Old Gerry has a famous herd of Angus, he's in Currycramp (Corracramph on G-Maps) which is right next to that cottage so I was close. Have a good day anyhow, Cox's in Dromod is very good for food.

What's an AI man? (town boy talking! :P )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Artificial Insemination :D

Stheno wrote: »
    Artificial Insemination :D

To be honest, that's what I thought, but I presumed I'd be wrong! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Feckin city slickers ;)

Advertisement