Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat 2011 (B7) clonk from front suspension

Options
  • 29-03-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

Car used to be nice and solid over small bumps but is increasingly 'clonky' from the front suspension. (70k) Any ideas on potential cause and cost to rectify?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Bushings, shock, drop link etc.

Get a look and see what's worn etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are a number of items in suspension that needs changing occasionally. You need to go to a local mechanic and let them have a look underneath. They will also give you a quote for fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Car used to be nice and solid over small bumps but is increasingly 'clonky' from the front suspension. (70k) Any ideas on potential cause and cost to rectify?

May be just bushings, had the same issue over bumps, along with a shaking steering wheel under braking. Changed bushings and now all okay. Need wheel bearings done next as have a drone from the LHS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

i had this and turned out to be the anti link roll bar. cheap enough fix (if its the same mind?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Cheers folks, am hoping its just the drop links but I know Passats are a bit hard on their suspension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

I had a 2006 B6 model and it was very hard on front wishbone bushes. If replacing any bushes make sure to use genuine or OE parts only.

Advertisement