Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Atlas Sandyford closed [alternative needed]

Options
  • 29-03-2016 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been a happy customer of www.atlassandyford.ie for the last few years but last Thursday they closed down and I understand it was something to do with their lease.

I've a 2008 VW Touareg and my son has a 2002 VW Golf which Atlas had maintained for the last few years. What we liked about them was their customer service, quality of work (never had any issues with their work) and the fact they were pretty honest in their assessments of what needed doing and the various options etc.

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to Atlas in the Stillorgan/Sandyford area for servicing and general repairs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

Again in the general area give http://www.acetyres.ie/ as shout. Always found them honest and very competitive. I had a 3 series in with them a few months ago with an oil leak. They had a look at the car and diagnosed the issue at no cost to me. They felt the cost of the fix outweighed the value of the car so I took it away and sold it as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭54and56

Dinging wrote: »
    Again in the general area give http://www.acetyres.ie/ as shout. Always found them honest and very competitive. I had a 3 series in with them a few months ago with an oil leak. They had a look at the car and diagnosed the issue at no cost to me. They felt the cost of the fix outweighed the value of the car so I took it away and sold it as it was.

Thanks Dinging, I always thought they just did tyres, brakes and exhausts. I didn't realise they do full servicing. Do you know if they also do more complicated stuff like replacing fuel injectors and drive shafts etc?

I think there's also an independent garage tucked in behind Motor Stop just opposite Stillorgan shopping centre which I might check out at the weekend. Can't find anything about them online but I'm sure I saw what looked like an "independent" type garage there when driving down to the library a few months ago.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sandyford Motors behind the Maxol garage on the Sandyford road is good. They have a tyre centre, and also do servicing and crash repairs etc. I've found them very reasonable price wise and never any complaints about their work.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

Thanks Dinging, I always thought they just did tyres, brakes and exhausts. I didn't realise they do full servicing. Do you know if they also do more complicated stuff like replacing fuel injectors and drive shafts etc?

Not 100% but if you call, ask for Cormac, he will let you know.

Advertisement