Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday near Nantes

Options
  • 28-03-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I'm planning a holiday in August for myself, my husband and our 6 month old... We're thinking of flying into Nantes but I'm looking for recommendations of where to stay nearby. I'd love to be have our own apartment but would also happily stay in a hotel. It'd also be our preference to be by the sea but that's not an absolute requirement... The complete ideal would be a villa with private pool but doubt we'd get that in any affordable price range ;-)
    Any suggestions would be great!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Nantes is lovely. Have a look at the Adagio apartments, beside the train station. We stayed there last September. Worth it upgrading to the larger apartment. Ask at the train station for one of their "special 3 day tickets, that allows you train travel for 3 days. We did this and were able to do a day trip to the beautiful seaside village of Le Croisic and on another day to Clisson.
    There is a good supermarket about 300 yds from the Adagio apartments. Also a lovely park just down from the apartments and beside it a place where you can get a cheapo breakfast. I wouldn't bother with the Adagio breakfast. Have a look at the "Forum" on Tripadvisor for Nantes for various reviews and tips etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

Thanks a million - good food for thought!

Advertisement