Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Colt CZT

Options
  • 28-03-2016 7:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experience with these? Been considering getting a new car for a while and became interested in these. Haven't seen many come up for sale but they seem reasonably priced when they do and it's something a little different. This is up for sale at the moment

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-colt-2005/11828267

And thinking of going to have a look. Seems like it needs a bit of TLC, the ad is crap and looks to be a bit of wear on the drivers seat. But just wondering if they're reliable or anything to look out for? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,954 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The drivers seat is in bits, would need a permanent cover or get it reupholstered. Mileage is not listed, I am assumming by the reg number it's a UK import, all in all I would avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

That is actually my wifes old car!! We bought it new in Aug 05, hence the high reg. The mileage is likely huge now as we put up a lot on it in the 2 years we owned it.
    Since we sold it the wheels have been painted and the windows tinted. Great little car, goes like stink but handling is shocking.
    It looks like its been hammered since we sold it, avoid imho, you will find a good one of these in the uk for tiny money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So (probably against my better judgement!) ended up going to have a look. Cosmetically it's a bit rough which doesn't bother me. Gearbox, suspension and engine seems sound despite the high mileage, 230k Km's, but the only thing that's putting me off is that there was a bit of white smoke & petrol smell when revved. Not plumes of smoke or anything but enough to notice it. It has been off the road since January. My cousin who's a mechanic said it could be an issue with the turbo. Anyone have any ideas?

Importing one from the uk goes outside my budget with the vrt coming in at around €750.

Advertisement