Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you have done differently

Options
  • 28-03-2016 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

We all know the obvious ones

Venom in Spiderman 3
    "Galactus" in Fantastic 4.
    The "in name only" abominations (Catwoman and FF reboot).

But I'm just wondering if there are any films where you could have done differently if given the opportunity?

For me personally, while I liked Age of Ultron, I would have preferred if the seeds were sewn in the climax for civil war. This film had the potential to be a lot more and should have ended on a devastating note with the team in disgrace and disarray. The aftermath of Ultron should have torn them apart, but instead all we got was Tony walking away with a handshake and Banner isolating himself for personal reasons. The team is still going strong albeit with a roster shake up and ultimately, there's no bad blood.

I know people will say this will happen eventually but we always say that a film should be able to stand on its own, and I just don't think the impact of Ultron rang true in a way it should of.

Another film that I enjoyed but thought could have been more was The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan tried to do too much here and while I loved that he took on Bane, he didn't give himself enough breathing room to do the final chapter justice it deserved. Of all the garbage franchises that milk their finale by splitting it into two halfs, this story would have benefited so much from that.

I would have used Black Mask and Bane in a mutual business arrangement to take over Gotham in part one, with Bruce being broken half way through it by Bane. The rest of part 1 would cover Bruce's struggle to come to terms with what has happened while Blake, Catwoman and Gordon try to quell the uprising but failing.

Part one would end with Bane revealing his true plans for Gotham: to watch it burn and how he only needed Black Mask for his connections and financial muscle. He then murders Mask and but before he does, he introduces his true partner: Talia Al Ghul. We then get a final scene of Bane and Talia declaring live on Television that Gotham's time has come, and that they'll finish what her father started, with the final shot showing Bruce watching it all unfold. Final shot of part 1 shows Bruce finally being able to stand to the epic blaring of Zimmer's score. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I wouldn't have given Ultron human features like a mouth. It just doesn't make sense to humanise him in that way and it jars with me every time I watch it and makes him look too cartoony. Especially with the way they changed Ultron's origins in the film, Ultron is essentially an evil Iron Man and that's what I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I think ultron would have made a great iron man movie rather than an avengers movie. When he cuts off the arms suppliers arm and then regrets it, ultron having to deal with Tony's flaws would have been interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Deadpool in Wolverine Origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The constant retconning of characters in the X-Men movies by having the same characters show up in different decades at different ages.

Also, Quicksilver's design in Days of Future Past. His character and action sequence were fine, but he looks so f*cking stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Now now Penn
    11385236_1671499386413505_1385353375_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

I hate seeing x-men or superheroes with too much power in their superpower.
    Nearly plausible super powers are more interesting for me.
    Batman cool.
    Wolverine. cool.
    Deadpool. cool.
    Ironman, grand.
    CapA, grand.

I can nearly accept hulk.

Jean Grey unleashed. nah.
    Superman, ah here.
    Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, how does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

flazio wrote: »
    Wolverine Origins.

FYP
    Penn wrote: »
    The constant retconning of characters in the X-Men movies by having the same characters show up in different decades at different ages.

Also, Quicksilver's design in Days of Future Past. His character and action sequence were fine, but he looks so f*cking stupid.

All of this. I'm also sick of seeing X-Men films that aren't about the X-Men. Also, X-Men movies where Mystique is the protagonist. When Bryan Singer said he wanted to put off doing X3 for a few months to do Superman Returns, I would have said "sure, no problem" rather than "Nah, we'll get Brett Ratner to fill in instead; nothing can possib-lie go wrong."

Here's some more:

Superman being a murderer in MoS/BvS
    Batman being a murderer in BvS
    The entire Ghost Rider movies
    Everything about the Fantastic Four movies
    The death of
    Ben Urich
    in the Daredevil series
    The playground scene in Daredevil
    Casting Colin Farrell as Bullseye in Daredevil
    Most of X-Men: The Last Stand
    Coming up with convoluted reasons for Prof. X to not be in a wheelchair in the new X-trilogy
    Batman defacto murdering R'as Al Ghul in Batman Begins
    The 'bigger is better' approach of The Dark Knight Rises
    The 'bigger is better' approach of Avengers: Age of Ultron
    The crummy ending and awful iteration of Sabertooth in X-Men
    The CGI costume in Green Lantern

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I would have changed nearly everything about Hawkeye. He is probably my favourite character in the comics. I absolutely love Matt Fraction's series and I would have much preferred that to what we got which was more the Ultimates version. In a world full of super spies and super soldiers, I would have loved the regular guy who is a lot more relatable and is always cracking jokes. I could imagine him being mind controlled in the first Avengers movie and just mocking Loki for his silly looking helmet. And I don't think Renner was the guy to do it.

Also, I wouldn't have had the Hulk and Widow romance. I just can't imagine them together, nothing about it makes sense.

Advertisement