Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which drum kit for beginner

Options
  • 28-03-2016 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

My son is going to be taking uo drums in secondary school in September (he's 11) so im on the look out for an electronic set for him, there is 2 for sale that im trying to decide between,just want something thats not too technical and he could setup amd use himself, amd also of course which one sounds nicer.
    The 2 kits are a Yamaha TDX 520K and a Roland TD11.
    If anyone here has any advice it would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DrJ

FixitFelix wrote: »
    My son is going to be taking uo drums in secondary school in September (he's 11) so im on the look out for an electronic set for him, there is 2 for sale that im trying to decide between,just want something thats not too technical and he could setup amd use himself, amd also of course which one sounds nicer.
    The 2 kits are a Yamaha TDX 520K and a Roland TD11.
    If anyone here has any advice it would be much appreciated
    Hi FixitFelix,
    Just a quick reply to say that at the music school I attend they have this Roland model and I find it a great little kit for the lessons. I love it and if I could turn back time I'd probably have gone for one of these rather than the acoustic kit I bought. I have an acoustic kit at home to practice on throughout the week but i live in a rural area where noise is not an issue. Electronic kits are perfect though for urban areas.
    Even though the music school i go to uses Roland, Yamaha is a v reputable brand too so I don't think it'd make much difference which you went for. I may be wrong but I think you need some sort of amp or pa for the sound to come out of when buying electronic(???) So that'd be extra onto the price. Maybe someone with more experience of electronic drums will give you a better answer but either set would be good IMO. the beauty of electronic kits is they never go out of tune and that is great for beginners! I only began playing in Sept of last year and I am going to have to bring my snare in for my drum teacher to tune and it's really loud. I have to wear industrial ear defenders while paying along with drum mutes! Acoustic is bloody loud. Roland and Yamaha both great IMO.

Advertisement