If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact


  • 28-03-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

    Hi there

    I live in the UK and I'm thinking of moving out to the Abbeyfeale area.

    I was wondering if anyone knew of any upcoming vacancies for a Greenkeeper or Greenkeeper/Mechanic in a permanent role.

    I've also worked as an Plumber with OFTEC Oil Certification/plumbing and heating/install and service, so maybe I could return to that as a service engineer

    Any help would be great

    Many thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 lleyn

    One word of advice, don't call yourself an oil engineer or any type of an engineer in Ireland if you are not a degree qualified engineer. I had my own elec contracting company here and if I seen that on a CV it would be in the bin, I'd consider an oil engineer someone who deals with the extracting raw materials from oil reservoirs
    The correct term here would be a service technician/technician or a plumber if you have a recognized apprenticeship done?
    It's not your fault but it's more how the term engineer is thrown around in the UK.

  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mike_Oxtinks


    Thanks for that. I'll change it.

    Thanks again