Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenkeeper/Engineer

Options
  • 28-03-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there

I live in the UK and I'm thinking of moving out to the Abbeyfeale area.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any upcoming vacancies for a Greenkeeper or Greenkeeper/Mechanic in a permanent role.

I've also worked as an Plumber with OFTEC Oil Certification/plumbing and heating/install and service, so maybe I could return to that as a service engineer

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lleyn

One word of advice, don't call yourself an oil engineer or any type of an engineer in Ireland if you are not a degree qualified engineer. I had my own elec contracting company here and if I seen that on a CV it would be in the bin, I'd consider an oil engineer someone who deals with the extracting raw materials from oil reservoirs
    The correct term here would be a service technician/technician or a plumber if you have a recognized apprenticeship done?
    It's not your fault but it's more how the term engineer is thrown around in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mike_Oxtinks

Hi

Thanks for that. I'll change it.

Thanks again

Howard

Advertisement