Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What new tyres

Options
  • 28-03-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

I have a Peugeot 407 1.6hdi with 205/60r16 but i need to get new tyres I have been looking online and like these Michelin CrossClimate 215/55 R16 97 v xl but at about €130 each before fitting and tracking they are a bit expensive can anyone recommend a good all season 215/55r16 tyre that has a good fuel and wet rating. My budget is around €450-€500 for 4 tyres fitting balancing and tracking. The reason I want a 215/55r16 instead of a 205/60r16 is that there is more choice but if ye can recommend something good in that size in my budget I'd be happy staying with that size

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Try
    Uniroyal rainsport 3
    Or
    Kumho ku39s

Have driven on both and very impressed with price in comparison to performance, problem with uniroyals they wear out a bit quicker but wet grip is excellent. Kumho more a budget tire but more durable

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

weekaizer wrote: »
    Try
    Uniroyal rainsport 3
    Or
    Kumho ku39s

Have driven on both and very impressed with price in comparison to performance, problem with uniroyals they wear out a bit quicker but wet grip is excellent. Kumho more a budget tire but more durable

i have read good things about the uniroyals but they are a summer tyre i was wanting to get a all season tyre or would it make much difference? also they have a C rating for fuel efficiency i wanted to get B or better

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

I made a few calls and a tyre centre I pass a few times a week said €400 for 4 uniroyals rain expert 3 205/60r16 92 H with fitting tracking and balancing. the rest of the places wanted €115 a tyre with no tracing included. So I just must wait a few days till I get a chance to call back to him

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Conchurl wrote: »
    I made a few calls and a tyre centre I pass a few times a week said €400 for 4 uniroyals rain expert 3 205/60r16 92 H with fitting tracking and balancing. the rest of the places wanted €115 a tyre with no tracing included. So I just must wait a few days till I get a chance to call back to him

That strikes me as expensive.
    I recently bought 4 uniroyal rainsport 3s for €88 a corner for my Avensis and they were a 215/45/r17 so usually a 17" would be dearer than a 16 generally speaking.
    Pm if you want the tyre centre, they're situated in Donegal if that's any use to you.

Edit: Sorry I just seen that included wheel tracking so that sounds more reasonable now!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah 400 incl balancing, fitting and tracking seems fine for those tyres

• Advertisement
Advertisement