Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Btea and stipend

Options
  • 28-03-2016 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi I am currently getting btea and will start a 2 year internship in may. During the remaining two summers I have in college I will be working and getting paid for this work trough the internship.I know I cannot get jsa for this time which is fine and makes sense.
    However for the next two academic years I will also receive a monthly stipend from the company I will be working for.its about 650 a month I will get while in college. Will this effect my entitlement to btea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaylalala

I think that if you get that stipend and call it wages for part time work, it shouldn't affect your eligibility. If you are already working part time in addition to this then it could potentially push you over. Citizens Info would be a good bet to find out better without the council knowing the details yet.

Out of interest what course are you studying and field of job? That's a pretty excellent set up you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭spudnick

Kaylalala wrote: »
    I think that if you get that stipend and call it wages for part time work, it shouldn't affect your eligibility. If you are already working part time in addition to this then it could potentially push you over. Citizens Info would be a good bet to find out better without the council knowing the details yet.

Out of interest what course are you studying and field of job? That's a pretty excellent set up you got.

Hey thanks for the info. I'm studying computer science. Role will be in software development

Advertisement