Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car keyed

Options
  • 27-03-2016 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Woke up yesterday morning to find my car keyed, absolutely devastated. It's a 05 3 Door Fiesta and it runs from the tail light to the drivers door, and then few sporadic ones on the passengers side. I've seen cars keyed worse, but it's quite deep in some spots and shallower in others.

I'm going to get it looked at during the week but just wondering if anyone has any ideas of how I could improve the appearance of them or how much roughly a repair would cost? The car is in pretty good condition besides these except for a few chips on the bonnet but nothing noticeable at all. My insurance is only TPFT so not an option either.

The worst thing is I know who did it but guards aren't interested :mad: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bad bad feckers.

Ideally it will need a full respray that side to fix it fully, could be €500, possibly more. A bodge job if there's no bare metal or undercoat showing would be to use T-cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Bad bad feckers.

Ideally it will need a full respray that side to fix it fully, could be €500, possibly more. A bodge job if there's no bare metal or undercoat showing would be to use T-cut.

I'll have another look tomorrow in the daylight but I don't think there's any bare metal showing so I may give the T-cut a try and see if it helps at all while I try gather funds for a decent fix. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Bad bad feckers.

It'll be way more than €500 to properly repaint the side of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Aeternum wrote: »

The worst thing is I know who did it but guards aren't interested :mad:

why not, surely it's considered vandalism and therefore illegal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭jack923

Woke up yesterday morning to find my car keyed, absolutely devastated. It's a 05 3 Door Fiesta and it runs from the tail light to the drivers door, and then few sporadic ones on the passengers side. I've seen cars keyed worse, but it's quite deep in some spots and shallower in others.

I'm going to get it looked at during the week but just wondering if anyone has any ideas of how I could improve the appearance of them or how much roughly a repair would cost? The car is in pretty good condition besides these except for a few chips on the bonnet but nothing noticeable at all. My insurance is only TPFT so not an option either.

The worst thing is I know who did it but guards aren't interested :mad: :rolleyes:

If your based in dublin there's a company called clean my car.ie they helped me out in a similar situation and done brilliant job give them a call and see what they can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭goochy

Why do u think they did it ?
    What colour is car ? If the scratch is fairly straight . I touch up and stripe over it might do if you don't want to get pro. Job. Depending on colour you could get someone to just spray over scratch . Wont look great close up but ok from distance .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Throw water on the scratches.
    If the water makes the scratch invisible it's not down to primer and kinda easy to fix DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Thanks for all the help everyone. The car is black, I got some bits and pieces from halfords this morning so going to see if a decent polish and wax improves the appearance. I'm hoping not to have to get it sprayed as it will cost quite a bit and it's not like the car is worth a big chunk!

The person who I 'think' did it has broke into our house before, we're in the early process of going to court over it and they have also been cautioned for keying someone's car before where they were caught on CCTV doing it.

Guards said nothing they can do without a witness so a family member is going to set up a security camera for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

Dash cam ,and CCTV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

run your nail gently over the scratches and see if it catches - if not it can probably be wet sanded out by a detailer

• Advertisement
Advertisement