Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographer to do basic family portrait

Options
  • 27-03-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Disclaimer: this is not a services wanted post but rather a question/advice post

I'm looking for a photographer to take some family portrait photos for a group of 10 people, mixed age ranges including kids. I've never used a professional photographer before and from my research all the 'packages' I've found includes photos, framing etc.

All I want is for the photos to be taken and chosen shots finalised and given digitally (no hard copies, frames etc). Assuming shoot won't go over an hour and there would be 3-5 final photos what can I expect to pay and how should I go about looking for someone to do this? Is it acceptable to ask studios who offer these photo packages to quote just for the above?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Joseph wrote: »
    Assuming shoot won't go over an hour and there would be 3-5 final photos what can I expect to pay

€120
    and how should I go about looking for someone to do this?

Ring the studios and ask.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Is it acceptable to ask studios who offer these photo packages to quote just for the above?

Totally, I'm sure ANY decent studio would be happy you know exactly what you want, what's the worse they can say ? just make sure before you ring them you have checked out their work..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am sure that most will oblige. However do not expect much of a price reduction. The majority of the cost will be in the time involved and the cost of running and maintaining a studio and the associated overheads (Rent, Insurance, Equipment, etc.) The actual printing and framing will be a wholesale cost to them, which is all that they can take off.

If you are only ever going to use the images in a digital format then it may be worthwhile. If you plan to get them printed & framed yourself then it could end up costing you more or you may get an inferior quality product.

Advertisement