Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 10 Inch Tablet circa €200?

Options
  • 27-03-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice. I'm in the market for a 10 inch tab with a 200 budget. Could go to 250 at a push.

At the moment I'm swaying towards the Lenovo tab 2 due to the hd screen and 2gb ram. Anything else I should be looking at?

I really like the look of the nvidia shield k1 but the 8 inch screen seems a bit small for me.

Any other ideas or does anybody who has the lenovo tab 2 recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" is reduced to €230 in DID. It was €250 two weeks ago, then they knocked €15 off to €235 last week, it's now €5 less at €229.99. I set one up for a family member at the weekend, she's very pleased with it. It has 16GB RAM and can take a microSD card.

It's available in black or pearl white, this is the black version ....

http://www.did.ie/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-9-7-black-tablet-sm-t550nzkabt-prd

Edit: I just checked and it's also reduced to €229.99 in Power City, they were still at €250 last week which I why I bought in DID but now they're at the same price ...

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-28-972765

Be prepared for the hard sell on extended warranty, cover, antivirus and even insurance, that's where they make the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭breeno

Thanks for the input.

I've had a look at that one alright but reviews seem to be a bit negative on that tab?

Having used it, would you say performance is pretty good for the price? Screen seems to be a bit so/so?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

breeno wrote: »
    Thanks for the input.

I've had a look at that one alright but reviews seem to be a bit negative on that tab?

Having used it, would you say performance is pretty good for the price? Screen seems to be a bit so/so?

Be careful reading reviews - what they are comparing it to? I have an iPad Mini2 and that tablet stacks up very well against it for performance and picture (screen) quality, I had several hours on both over the weekend. Your budget is €200 or slightly more so you need to be realistic, you certainly can't look at any Apple tablets. On the DID website there's nothing between that tablet and €300 so I reckon it's the best you'll get on your budget. It may not do HD but what do you expect for a 10" screen costing €230?

The fact that it takes a microSD card is a major plus because it means you can shove photos, movies and Kindle books out of internal memory and onto cheap SD storage, something you can't do on any Apple tablet and on a lot of Androids.

Go for a lesser brand and you may get more bangs for your bucks on day one but will the battery be any good in 12 months time? I'd go with that Samsung if I was you. It's on display in most of the usual stores so you can check it out - PC World, DID and Power City all have a big selection of tablets on display for a hands-on test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd go for the Lenovo ahead of that Samsung - the specs are very meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭breeno

I'd go for the Lenovo ahead of that Samsung - the specs are very meh.

I'm inclined to agree. The Samsung seems very middle of the road.

I ordered the Lenovo this morning from Amazon, hopefully I won't regret it! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement