Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Questions about applying for Learner's Permit!?

Options
  • 27-03-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

OK, so I passed my theory test and now I've finally decided to apply for my theory and I've a few questions.

1. Are you able to print the learner's permit application/eye test form from your printer or do you have to pick up a copy at your local Garda station?

2. On the eye test form it's asking me for my driver number, however I don't have one. On my theory test certificate there's something that says "MTO driver number" however it's blank? What do I do to get my driver number?

3. On question 44 of the learner's permit where it asks you to declare that you're apply for the learners permit do I write my signature in block letters or my normal signature? Also, it asks for the date. Do I give the date I signed the application or do I wait until the day I'm going to the NDLS centre?

4. Also I was looking over the part of the eyesight report where your optometrist has to fill out. In the form it says "I, the undersigned registers medical practitioner/registered optometrist (delete as appropriate). Does the optometrist have to fill in the form by computer? The delete part threw me off

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

1: you can print a form now as they no longer have a signature sticker
    2: on the eye test form, leave it blank; you'll get one when you have a permit. The form can also be used by existing drivers, hence the box.
    3: Actual signature
    4: They should strike out the bit that doesn't apply to their job, as either an optician or a GP can fill out the form. Delete does not have to be a computing term.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

2. As above, leave it blank. As long as you've included your name and PPSN, then you're golden. Your PPSN will always link back to your driver number. If the NDLS agent is in a position to give you your driver number, they may ask you to write it but it's grand if they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

OK, thank you!

Advertisement