Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Considering Astra k 1.4T 150

Options
  • 27-03-2016 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hi as mentioned in another thread I'm considering getting myself a Astra k Elite or Sri with the 1.4T engine with 150bhp.

Currently I have an Astra j 2.0cdti 165bhp.

Will I feel a Noticable drop in engine performance ? The 1.4 petrol has a better 0-100 time but with less torque and bhp.

Any other taughts on this car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

We have a J 1.4T 130 and it's pretty much stone dead. We got a 2.0d J as a loaner while our car was being serviced and it was night and day.

People slag diesel, say it can't be a "performance" fuel and what not, but the diesel was a rocket by comparison to the 130 petrol.

Maybe the 150 is a bit better, but honestly we are considering a 162 GTC at the moment and will most likely be diesel... it's a far superior drive, unfortunately :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Cork981

We have a J 1.4T 130 and it's pretty much stone dead. We got a 2.0d J as a loaner while our car was being serviced and it was night and day.

People slag diesel, say it can't be a "performance" fuel and what not, but the diesel was a rocket by comparison to the 130 petrol.

Maybe the 150 is a bit better, but honestly we are considering a 162 GTC at the moment and will most likely be diesel... it's a far superior drive, unfortunately :pac:

Thanks.

That's what I'm worried about, I know he new Astra k is considerably lighter than the j so hopefully that'll make a difference.

My 2.0d Astra j with 165bhp certainly does feel powerful and is quite responsive.

I'm worried about spending so much on a new car and being underwhelmed by the 1.4t 150.

Would like a test drive but there don't seem to be many around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

What diesel? Get the newer one...the 2 litre really feels old hat after a while compared to what on offer with the competition. The 1.6 looks better bar the power deficit.

Cork981 wrote: »
    Thanks.

That's what I'm worried about, I know he new Astra k is considerably lighter than the j so hopefully that'll make a difference.

My 2.0d Astra j with 165bhp certainly does feel powerful and is quite responsive.

I'm worried about spending so much on a new car and being underwhelmed by the 1.4t 150.

Would like a test drive but there don't seem to be many around.

Seems to be very little performance difference.

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel6050-5687.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Cork981

Seems to be very little performance difference.

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel6050-5687.htm

Your right, they do look fairy similar from a performance perspective.

I do mainly city driving at around 12k a year so it he petrol still offers me good performance and over taking ability on motors and N roads when needed id be happy.

• Advertisement

Looks like it should suit from those figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Arkady

Any pics of these motors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

What diesel? Get the newer one...the 2 litre really feels old hat after a while compared to what on offer with the competition. The 1.6 looks better bar the power deficit.

Yeah, if we go diesel it will be the 1.6, the 2.0d in the J is a bit agricultural but that wouldn't bother me, it pulls like a train by comparison to the petrol.

Havn't encountered a petrol demo yet. Apparently it's very hard to get silver too, black, white, red and grey, no prblem, but silver has a 12 week minimum lead time. Shame. We have white, red is a bit too lairy and black or grey don't interest me.

Advertisement