Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the highest overall rank you've been in EPL FF?

Options
  • 27-03-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭

Sure why not. Or even GW rank. Well folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Highest overall rank: 445 (Dec 2014)

Highest GW rank: 847 (Mar 2016)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

149 last season after captaining Charlie Austin for his hattrick around Christmas time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

OR 214 (Christmas 2014)

Finished the season at 995.

No idea on weekly rank tbh, but certainly nothing in 3 digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I had a great first half to the season last year. I was in treble figures in terms of overall ranking for weeks and it culminated with getting to 220th overall after the Boxing Day fixtures (GW20 I think).

I've mentioned this before on here, but myself and the lads were discussing our teams pre-kick off on Boxing Day over a few pints. I mentioned I had brought James Chester in and started him against Sunderland which drew a few giggles. We had forgotten about it until Sky Sports News flashed up that there had been a goal at the Stadium of Light and who had scored? James bloody Chester! It was at that point that the lads just laughed in disbelief. Everything I had done up until that point had seemingly turned to gold. :pac:

Unfortunately it went massively downhill from there as I ****ed myself over with the wildcard and not having Kane for large parts of that second half virtually single-handedly destroyed my season. Going with Eriksen and Pelle over Kane and Silva with that wildcard still annoys me to this day and was the sole cause of my drop to 6,000 overall by the end of the season.

But that's the highest I've ever been - 220th.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6th in the world in 13/14 (around Nov).

Finished the season just outside 200 in the world.

I don't keep track of GW rankings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sure why not. Or even GW rank. Well folks?

And yours is????

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Finished 328th in 12/13.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I sneaked into the top 200 around the same time as Paully D last year in the provisional rankings. I finished the GW at 210.
    Dropped during the rest of the season but still finished just inside the top 1000 in 978

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So many of us on here had great seasons last year and were absolutely flying it around Christmas/New Year. It was so much fun. The average finishing position among regulars must have been inside the top 10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Paully D wrote: »
    So many of us on here had great seasons last year and were absolutely flying it around Christmas/New Year. It was so much fun. The average finishing position among regulars must have been inside the top 10,000.

Like yourself I captained 'Stone cold' Charlie Austin for his hat trick. What a Saturday afternoon that was. Happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »

I was in that club too. Made the exact same mistake in wildcard as you. I was OR 200andSomething too. Finished 5k after dropping back to 20k.

I had one mental gameweek rank too but don't have the figures to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was 44th end of gw30, currently 56th, seems a bit mad considering I hardly even looked at the rankings in the other 2 years I played as I did so awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

F1ngers wrote: »
    And yours is????
    Was 226 overall rank in GW 8 last year. Had Aguero as captain when he scored four against Spurs and had Tadic as well who got 21 points IIRC. Was buzzing. Ended up at 2k overall last year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »
    6th in the world in 13/14 (around Nov).

Finished the season just outside 200 in the world.

I don't keep track of GW rankings.

6th in the world wow.
    Ive had a couple 1k finishes and a few 10k finishes but I've never ended a week inside the top 1k. I was in it once last year after the sat games but ended the gw outside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6th in the world wow.
    Ive had a couple 1k finishes and a few 10k finishes but I've never ended a week inside the top 1k. I was in it once last year after the sat games but ended the gw outside it.

You need a certain amount of luck. The biggest thing that went for me was I got my team right within the next week or 2, so very little drastic change was ever needed.

Big players were reliable, and there was no Vardez nonsense to throw me off at the start of the season!

I remember I also got Suarez immediately for the Sunderland game he returned in after his ban and captained him (he scored 2). Those sort of moves worked a treat back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I was 18th in the world going into the last week a couple of seasons ago. It was the season when Lukaku bagged a hattrick against United on the last day. I took a few gambles that day to try make it into the top 10 but unfortunately he wasn't one of them and I ended up 25th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

I was 13th at one point last season with Ramsey on the bench.If I had started him that week ahead of a 2pointer I would have been joint 1st overall. Finished 352nd overall. Currently ranked at exactly 1,000th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

19th in 2010/11. Got to a high of 6 , i think, with a few weeks to go but a few gambles i took didn't pay off.
    I was even in 1 of the articles in FFS analyzing the top teams in the run in.
    Made a nice few quid that year in private leagues. not been so lucky since with last year's finish of 2530 my best.

Advertisement