Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Reference for new flat

Options
  • 27-03-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Dont know what to do about this one....

I have been in the same flat for 4 years and it has been a huge hassle with the landlord since day one.

He never fixed anything, even the stuff he promised when I moved in, and he is a real pain about everything he wants done his way. He is always trying to charge extra fees for this and that.

I've had enough and will be leaving in the next 2-3 months. My problem is a reference.

When some other people left early without paying extra fees he wanted he told them he would not give a reference for them.

I have been told that I will find it very hard to get somewhere new with no reference or a bad reference from him, and that I will have no choice but to supply a reference.

I'm nto a bad tenant. I pay my rent, no issue or problem with noise or anything like that, but I dont think the landlord is giong to be fair and give a reference.

At my wits end here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Get a family member to call up as your landlord?

A lie it may be, however if your landlord is very difficult and you have been a good tenant and deserve a reference you don't have much choice.

You need a place to live.

References for tenancys really mean jack all as anyone can give one.

Advertisement