Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to attend college again after dropping out in 2014

Options
  • 27-03-2016 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I hope someone can put some clarity on this for me as I am absolutely confused

After LC, I attended college, a level 7 course in august 2013 and stopped attending in January/February of 2014 due to illness.
    I received the susi grant and had all fees paid etc

I was just wondering, I want to apply for a level 8 course this year but I have no idea what I am entitled to, grant and fees wise if I am.

I have emailed susi and they have just gave me back what ibread on there site which I didnt understand.
    Would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You've expended a year of the Free Fees Scheme and a year of SUSI. I'm 99% sure that includes going L7 to L8 without completing the L7.

So, if you were to now do an L8:
    Y1: Pay all of Tuition + Student Contribution, No SUSI.
    Y2: SUSI to level of means test
    Y3: SUSI to level of means test
    Y4: SUSI to level of means test

Be aware that tuition in some institutions can be €8000 so you could end up paying €11000 for Y1 in TCD etc. ITs can be much lower, €1500 say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheFeralOther

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I was pretty frustrated trying to get information from many places and you just cleared it up in a post. Thanks again :)

Advertisement