Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another Insurance up thread

Options
  • 26-03-2016 9:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Have been with same company for 5 years and no claims until this year, before that, no claims with my previous insurance company for 8 years. The claim wasn't even against my own insurance because it was the other parties fault and they admitted liability. I got paid out to fix car. Got renewal for my insurance last week and it's up from 400 euro to 780. Is it right I'm getting penalised for this. Doesn't seem fair to me! Anyone know will this effect me if I call around for new insurance or am I wasting my time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You aren't getting pelanised for that. Rates are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Shop around loyalty means sh1t.

All insurance on huge rise as policies were undercut and way too low it has now backfired and made it even worse.

Equality, levies, higher payouts then ever , excessive costs, another levy on top of pmpa is Quinn then soon to be another Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you ask them to itemise the increase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's gone up everywhere. My renewal is up in 3 weeks and it's gone from 500 to 650. I shopped around and couldn't get better than 800 elsewhere. 11 yr old Avensis, no claims in 15 years etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Arkady

Why, do they do that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

When you got your renewal notice you should have received a copy of your No Claims Certificate. Have you checked it to see if you have lost anything on it?
    If it is as you expect it to be, then the increase is down to rates going up.
    I have had the same type of increases on two policies this year and no accidents or incidents to cause any issues. I just shopped around and got both of them almost back to previous years costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

duckcfc wrote: »
    Have been with same company for 5 years and no claims until this year, before that, no claims with my previous insurance company for 8 years. The claim wasn't even against my own insurance because it was the other parties fault and they admitted liability. I got paid out to fix car. Got renewal for my insurance last week and it's up from 400 euro to 780. Is it right I'm getting penalised for this. Doesn't seem fair to me! Anyone know will this effect me if I call around for new insurance or am I wasting my time

Did you shop around for the last 5 years? Insurance companies have zero loyalty to you so you should have zero to them. Spend a while getting quotes off other companies and go with the cheapest quote that provides the cover you need.

Personally I never go back to my current provider if I get a better quote elsewhere as I feel that they should provide the best quote not what they think I'll pay, give me the best quote first time or f*** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Del2005 wrote: »
    Did you shop around for the last 5 years? Insurance companies have zero loyalty to you so you should have zero to them. Spend a while getting quotes off other companies and go with the cheapest quote that provides the cover you need.

Personally I never go back to my current provider if I get a better quote elsewhere as I feel that they should provide the best quote not what they think I'll pay, give me the best quote first time or f*** off.

I shop around every year, but for the past 2 years running my current insurance company gave me the best quote, even if it was dearer than the year before. I'm with Allianz.

Advertisement