Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help required Website not working

Options
  • 26-03-2016 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with a website which stopped working something overnight.

If you try go to the website, you get a The page isn’t working/is currently unable to handle this request. 500 message

I contacted the hosting company and they said that there is no issue from their side but they checked the logs and can see the below in the error logs:

[Sat Mar 26 05:54:40 2016] [error] [client 208.115.113.88] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/248460/webspace/httpdocs/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.ie/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(386) : eval()'d code on line 1
    [Sat Mar 26 05:54:40 2016] [error] [client 208.115.113.88] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function attributes() on a non-object in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/248460/webspace/httpdocs/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.ie/modules/mod_weather_gk4/helper.php on line 428

However, when I log into the CMS (Joomla), I can see that nothing has been changed on the site in the last 3 days so I can't see this.

We thought it may have been the domain expired but the above doesn't suggest this.

Please excuse my ignorance with this. I have some basic knowledge but nothing at this level so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CBTC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

It looks like you have Joomla 2.5.x (hopefully you are on the latest - 2.5.28).
    Here is the function that the error is in. Line 386 is the eval() at the end of the function.

As you can log into the admin area, can you disable the weather module - maybe the module is calling simplexml to parse some XML and that is failing. Maybe the incoming XML is broken, so disabling the module may get your site back up and running while you look into that.

[PHP] protected function _startElement($parser, $name, $attrs = array())
    {
    // Deprecation warning.
    JLog::add('JSimpleXML::startElement() is deprecated.', JLog::WARNING, 'deprecated');

// Check to see if tag is root-level
    $count = count($this->_stack);
    if ($count == 0)
    {
    // If so, set the document as the current tag
    $classname = get_class($this) . 'Element';
    $this->document = new $classname($name, $attrs);

// And start out the stack with the document tag
    $this->_stack = array('document');
    }
    // If it isn't root level, use the stack to find the parent
    else
    {
    // Get the name which points to the current direct parent, relative to $this
    $parent = $this->_getStackLocation();

// Add the child
    eval('$this->' . $parent . '->addChild($name, $attrs, ' . $count . ');');

// Update the stack
    eval('$this->_stack[] = $name.\'[\'.(count($this->' . $parent . '->' . $name . ') - 1).\']\';');
    }
    }[/PHP]

Advertisement