Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2 Grips

Options
  • 26-03-2016 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Put one on my 33 inch Odessy Tour Black putter and amazed at the results.

I am one for gimmicks but this has been a revelation, it only produced a small change in the lie angle, much more toe down. But the difference is so dramatic.

I was looking at my stats for the 5 games played it and I am 5 putts better per round and have not hit outside the buffer once.

Can really recommend it.

http://p2grips.com

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

I am one for gimmicks but this has been a revelation, it only produced a small change in the lie angle, much more toe down. But the difference is so dramatic.

I was looking at my stats for the 5 games played it and I am 5 putts better per round and have not hit outside the buffer once.

Can really recommend it.

J
    Ah the auld palcebo effect, if I'd a penny for every time I've heard it's transformed someones game, I'd be a multi billionaire.
    5 rounds is nowhere remotely close to been a reliable sample size, come back to us after 50+ rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Can really recommend it.

J

I also put it on my putter last year and it definitely lowered my putts per round. It just makes me feel that the putter face can't be anything but square through impact.

Of course you will have people talk about the "placebo effect" but these are also the type of people who are experts on the topic but have never tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Had wanted to try the p2 but never got round to it. Are the hands moved infront of the ball by the grip being off centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Looks interesting, is anyone on Tour using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,917 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I need a new putter grip so might give this a try

where do you get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Seve OB wrote: »
    I need a new putter grip so might give this a try

where do you get them?

I think I have a few in the office, drop in and I will dig it out.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 15,917 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think I have a few in the office, drop in and I will dig it out.

J

fair play. i'll give you a shout later in the week so,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Few new designs and sizes now Seve. I've the original classic one at home. Might be best to look at a few before deciding on one.
    379208.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭benny79

Are these in the shops? how do you know what size suits just go by feel is it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

benny79 wrote: »
    Are these in the shops? how do you know what size suits just go by feel is it?

I'll see can i get a few samples to bring to the next boards outing if anyone wants to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭benny79

Cheers Charlie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Just put a p2 grip on my scotty I hope it putts better than it looks. It feels a little awkward gripping as my normal grip, my right hand grips the club and left overlaps. With the P2 grip my left hand fits better on the wider part of the grip (top). Sure we'll see how it goes it might just take a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

I'm interested to know how these work...

If i was to fit one myself, which way around does it go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

After reading this, and playing yesterday. I've decided I need one of these. My putting was ok but a few times it was staying open or closing at contact, and the grip felt like it just didn't fit in my hands. This sounds like it could be a good fit for me.
    Thanks lads.

Advertisement