Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estates in Carlow......

Options
  • 26-03-2016 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello. We are an Italian family relocating to Carlow and weare currently looking for rent or buy a house. We have two children 4yo and 10 yo that will start ET Primary school in September and we are looking for...

1) a safe place to stay...
    2) far from rough estates,
    3) far from college life
    4) near to shops and facilities.
    5) recent or new estate to have a really good BER rate.

We have found something in Silver Pines, Browneshill Wood and SandHills estate...... Any opinions on either of these would be appreciated as we are not familiar with Carlow. Have you other estates to suggest???

Thank you Michele and family

(ps: sorry for my terrible English...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sandhills seems to be pretty nice - several of my staff live there or close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Hi Michele & welcome to Carlow : )
    Of the three estates you mention I would personally go for Browneshill Wood or sandhills. Both estates have all of your criteria, albeit Browneshill would be on a quieter road than Sandhills, I also think it maybe a smaller estate, house number wise, with a massive green area to the front. Both would be the same walking distance to town. You are in close proximity to local schools, Askea, Gael school or Bennekerry out the other direction, which you would need a car to get to. The main shopping centre & town is within walking distance.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

Heather hills is also nice as a lot of owner occupiers. Very quiet estate close to dunnes stores. Local school in grsiguecullen etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Michele Aloi

denis160 wrote: »
    Hi Michele & welcome to Carlow : )

Best of luck!

Thank u very much denis160!

And Thank u to all that have answered me.....
    I have choose Carlow because i really want a quiet city far from tourists and ...in particulars from Italians tourists...
    I don't want to pass my time in a sort of "ghetto" with other Italians, i have decide to relocate not be an Italian in the Emerald Isle, but to try to became a Irish one and to integrate me and my family totally in Irish Society and Carlow one I know i ll never be totally a Irish but hope to learn everything Irish people can teach me!
    Thanks again to all my next neighbours

Best regards

Mik

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

screamer wrote: »
    Heather hills is also nice as a lot of owner occupiers. Very quiet estate close to dunnes stores. Local school in grsiguecullen etc.

I second this.

Heather Hill is a large but quiet enough estate located in the Graiguecullen area of Carlow, closest shop would be Dunne's and you could bring your kids to the Dôme which is beside Dunne's and let them play there.

Graiguecullen is just outside Carlow town so it's really close to just about everything in Carlow by foot.

I hope you and your family enjoy your new home in Carlow where-ever you chose to locate within it.

Fáilte go dtí Contae gCeatharlach!

• Advertisement

Fáilte go dtí Contae gCeatharlach![/QUOTE]

Thank you very much!...money are not a problem ....looking everyday on daft i have noticed that it's a problem to find a decent house.....there are not so many houses rented in new estate and really when one new is inserted it lasts just a second....

Tell me....what are the newer estates in Carlow (i means from 2008-2010)?

Thanks

Mik

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

thank you very much!...money are not a problem ....looking everyday on daft i have noticed that it's a problem to find a decent house.....there are not so many houses rented in new estate and really when one new is inserted it lasts just a second....

Tell me....what are the newer estates in Carlow (i means from 2008-2010)?

Thanks

Mik
    Well parts of Heather Hill started being built in 2005 with the rest being built within a few years so in terms of houses they're still relatively new.

I'm not really sure of any new estates built around '08 or '10 as those are post boom times when there wasn't much new development.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jed and Dave

Hi Michele
    one nice new estate still getting built and close to town is barrowville. I live there i think is a lovely place to live. Very quiet and close to the centre of town.
    just a suggestion. on the BER rating - personally they might get a high rating on paper but alot of the energy efficeincy depends on workmanship so i think only if you build your own house are you guranteed a good energy rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

do you have a budget?

do you have a budget?

Hi winnie.....my budget for rent a house is 900/month....i think it's better start my first years renting an house to have more flexibility.....after my first year i would buy an house....budget? 220000 more or less ... i would have a detached one with garage....so my small fishing boat could be stay in a indoor place!!!! Why garages are so rare in Ireland???

• Advertisement
Advertisement