Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman vs Superman. Your rating

Options
  • 26-03-2016 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭

Just a quick poll so we can see what the boards.ie user base thought of Batman vs Superman.

Your rating out of 10 88 votes

Great - 9 or 10
    0%
    Good - 7 or 8
    7%
    Goodshapertronshootermacgempacherkupus[Deleted User]Applepie15 7 votes
    OK - 5 or 6
    36%
    Q_Ball[Deleted User]friend and foeCelticfireTonyD79Tiggerbogwalrusgloobagskipper_GNiskacorcaigh07nemesisdgApolloyontechdiverRoxy.Randromestiffler123emo72mightyredsJerCotter7PhiloCypher 32 votes
    Bad - 3 or 4
    36%
    VenomSlydiceBacchusOtaconjohnnysmackxtal191dmapreludehorgan_pMark HamillRobFowlPennTheKellstagoonaCows Go µA Neuroticbennyl10steve_rOwaynOTTbrianregan09macslash 32 votes
    Terrible - 1 or 2
    19%
    Mickeroomusiknonstopheebusjeebushomerun_homerwhat the hell!titan18hairyprincessFrankie5AngelsPerrinV2Kylo RenEagererBeaver_DMac_Osmosis JonesBrendan FiloneFunLover18Figsy32jooksavage 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Lets keep all spoilers in spoiler tags please folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I gave this 1 - 2. I have a lot of reasons but the main one for me is how
    Batman murders a bunch of people
    . I, not quietly, exclaimed "What the ****?!" when
    he first did it
    and then I was just out of the movie. For me, it not only ruined
    the character, but it ruined the movie and future movies to portray Batman as a murderer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I also gave it a 1-2, and that simply came down to a lack of story. What little story they did cram in was not cohesive and scattered all over the place, and it just seemed to be one big trailer for Justice League, but in a way that it makes me not really want to see Justice League.

If people liked it, fair enough, each to their own, but for me don't throw lots of CGI, dodgy dialogue and a less than mediocre plot at me and expect me to like it. It's not too much to ask for a decent story, edited together in a way that doesn't make my head hurt - most comic book movies in the last 10 years have managed to do very decent storylines and make the universe they're a part of an entertaining place, so don't give me the argument of "comic book movies aren't supposed to have storylines" as some people have tried to do, because that's just non-sense. I'm not expecting an Oscar-worthy screenplay or anything, but a satisfying story with a beginning, a middle and an end, is important. It doesn't even have to be complicated - some of my favourite action films of the last few years (Mad Max: Fury Road, Dredd, The Raid) have very simple plots, but they're executed well. Batman v Superman on the other hand tried to be complicated and just ends up not making a whole lot of sense. It's very messy and I blame half of that on Zack Snyder & the writers, and half on Warner Bros itself for being so focused on setting up a franchise that they neglected to make a satisfactory stand-alone film.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Good - 7 or 8
    I gave 9-10, seems like I'm only person in the world to think this was that good.
    I thought from the trailers it wouldn't be good but was more than surprised with type of movie it turned out to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

My son was telling me the DC comics "The death of superman" and "The dark night returns" explain the movie better.

Supposedly the movie is based off those two comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

4 for me. I liked it when batman was somewhat more realistic not using
    kryptonite spears etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Terrible - 1 or 2
    I gave it 4. It's bad but it's so boring I genuinely can't bring myself to hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Bad - 3 or 4
    It wasn't god awful just sadly disappointing. Plus the worse thing you can say is that in certain parts it was boring. No Batman vs superman film should be that.

Good - 7 or 8
    I loved every minute of it. Not perfect but the experience in cinema was top notch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

OK - 5 or 6
    i liked it. solid entertainment. i usually suspend my reality when watching superhero fantasy movies. so i dont bother analysing the plot. was fierce hot in the cinema though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Bad - 3 or 4
    My son was telling me the DC comics "The death of superman" and "The dark night returns" explain the movie better.

Supposedly the movie is based off those two comics.

See that's where it really fell down for me. The writers wanted to draw off those 2 great stories but they also wanted to shed the elements of those stories that didn't fit (futuristic setting, replacement supermen & DoS being somewhat a self contained story). They also wanted to retcon the damage done at the end of MoS.

The writing was very poor, and really the only good points were the ones they lifted from those sources. Synder should not be let anywhere near these stories. It's all about special effects for him and he seems to lack any vision of his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Applepie15

Good - 7 or 8
    Good movie, big Superman fan and I'd watch it over & over.
    Even batman did well in this along with wonder-woman.
    Yeah there was a few faults but it did enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

OK - 5 or 6
    I liked when
    batman fights superman.

Advertisement