Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If I nct this year, will I get two years? Car is a 2006

Options
  • 26-03-2016 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

If I nct this year will I get two years. I am buying a car it 2006, nct up in July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,533 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes once it's tested and passes over 90 days before it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

X Denotes that a vehicle is due for test in that year.
    clipboard-1.png?width=416&height=400

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

Yes once it's tested and passes over 90 days before it's due.
    Not much time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

raher1 wrote: »
    Not much time

Nope, if say it is due on July 1st, you would need to test it before the end of March. I got caught with this last year. According to NCT rules your car is 10 yrs old when it's 9 yrs 9 moths old :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

emeldc wrote: »
    Nope, if say it is due on July 1st, you would need to test it before the end of March. I got caught with this last year. According to NCT rules your car is 10 yrs old when it's 9 yrs 9 moths old :confused:

Good to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Yes but need to book your test now.

My Wifes car (06 note) is booked in for april 10th.
    The nct expires on july 25th but it needs to pass nct before april 26th to get a 2 year cert .

If your car fails on something and its retested after the 90 days due date you will only receive a one year cert.
    So best to leave a bit of time for a retest in case of a fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

The NCT usually send a letter out to advise of this (car approaching last chance to get 2 years NCT) don't they? They have in the past.

Advertisement