Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Landrover restoration

Options
  • 26-03-2016 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,I'm thinking about bringing over a 1988 Landrover 90 for restoration and then registration as a classic when its 30 years old.Does anyone know what the story is with registering it after already having it in the country for a year and a half or so?Obviously it won't be on the road in the meantime but will the registration office demand evidence of when the vehicle entered the country and maybe try to charge me extra VRT ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

a real possibility. You are supposed to book an appointment within 7 days of entry and complete registration within 30 days. However , you cannot register it if it is not a viable machine, so I don't know what would happen there. If you brought it in on a transporter, incomplete, and spent the next couple of years restoring it and then registered in 2018, I'd say you'd be OK...but who knows what the Revenue would think?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I have found that once you have the paperwork in order, with some form of an invoice, they don't bother about the sailing ticker ect., after all, they are going to get E200, so the less hassle the better. Make sure that the chassis No. matches the V.5. Give me a call if you have any questions.

Advertisement