Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford mondeo

Options
  • 25-03-2016 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I've got a 08 mondeo. It started fine but about 7 Miles the car spluttered and engine malfunction came up on dash and I lost all power in the car when I pressed accelerator but no go. I pulled over to hard shoulder and I still had power in Windows radio ac etc... I turned off car and when I turned it back on the warning on dash was gone and I drove off slowly about 500 yards the car jerked but regained power but about every 5 miles the car jerked and regained power again. I'm thinking it could be dirty diesal which would explain jerking but would it cause car to completely lose power and the engine to malfunction. Any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

dirty diesel is a possibility but just one of dozens of possibles. You need to get it on a diagnostic machine and into professional hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I had a Mondeo with the same issues. Wasn't Dirty Diesel, the EGR need replacing. get the car checked first, I heard of someone who had the EGR replaced, they are very expensive, turned out to be a hole in the breather pipe.... Are you getting any strange sounds when dropping power, ie changeing gears. Mine sounded like air being dumped out.

I fixed mine by getting rid of the car.

Advertisement