Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses in Bramble Grove/Drive, Foxwood

Options
  • 25-03-2016 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

After looking for an house for months we narrowed down our options to Bramble Grove/ Bramble Drive, Foxwood area due to the price. can anyone tell me how is the housing estate and area itself. i have two young kids so looking for an area bit quiet and safe.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Always thought they where very overpriced. What attracts you to the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭jusvi2001

Always thought they where very overpriced. What attracts you to the area?

I am working at hospital. Proximity to hospital and price brought me to foxwood area.. Houses near to hospital are 10-15 yrs or more old but of same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's a very handy area, not too built up, no more than 5 or 10 minutes to schools, supermarkets, anywhere in the city really. It's quiet enough too, seems to be a few young families there.

longshanks wrote: »
    It's a very handy area, not too built up, no more than 5 or 10 minutes to schools, supermarkets, anywhere in the city really. It's quiet enough too, seems to be a few young families there.

Some of my colleagues said that area is infamous for troubles made by members of a particular community so I thought I will check with people who really lives or knows the area.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Some of my colleagues said that area is infamous for troubles made by members of a particular community so I thought I will check with people who really lives or knows the area.

Thats kind of why i was thinking they where overpriced. Not sure if id want to live and raise kids across the road from a halting site no matter how new the house was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I have friends in Carraig an Ard right next door to Foxwood who say they've never had an ounce of hassle from the halting site. If you don't mind the sight of the odd Pavee on his sulky then you won't have any bother.
    Maybe call into a couple of residents there and ask?

Edit: Just had a look at the website for those houses, they do seem a bit pricey. What size house were you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,113 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lived in carrig an ard for 3 years and must say I never had an ounce of trouble there or heard of any. Id be wary of buying in the area due to its location but if the price was right, barry murphy actually lives out there, hes an auctioneer so maybe pop in to him and ask his advice?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I have friends in Carraig an Ard right next door to Foxwood who say they've never had an ounce of hassle from the halting site. If you don't mind the sight of the odd Pavee on his sulky then you won't have any bother.

Edit: Just had a look at the website for those houses, they do seem a bit pricey. What size house were you looking at?

What kind of trouble do you expect really? Its more the fact they are constantly on your mind and when you raise kids you have to explain to them constantly why other humans raise their kids like animals and absolutely destroy everything around them.

Then where do your kids go to school. End up in with the travellers and Ardmore parks finest.

If i worked out the Dunmore road way the last place i would be buying a property is beside a halting site and templars hall. Id be the same no matter where i worked to be honest.

I don't know anyone who lives there. i am looking for a 4 bed house. houses near to hospital are old and pricey as well.

Lived in carrig an ard for 3 years and must say I never had an ounce of trouble there or heard of any. Id be wary of buying in the area due to its location but if the price was right, barry murphy actually lives out there, hes an auctioneer so maybe pop in to him and ask his advice?

do you mean you would be wary due to the halting site. sorry if i didn't you right.

• Advertisement

What kind of trouble do you expect really? Its more the fact they are constantly on your mind and when you raise kids you have to explain to them constantly why other humans raise their kids like animals and absolutely destroy everything around them.

Then where do your kids go to school. End up in with the travellers and Ardmore parks finest.

If i worked out the Dunmore road way the last place i would be buying a property is beside a halting site and templars hall. Id be the same no matter where i worked to be honest.

My first preference is dunmore road and Ardkeen and ballygunner. price is too high for houses even though they are 15 yrs or more old.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

My first preference is dunmore road and Ardkeen and ballygunner. price is too high for houses even though they are 15 yrs or more old.

Try Cnoic Caislean out in Ballygunner. They're currently building new houses there

Advertisement