Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Intermittent Central Locking Problem

Options
  • 25-03-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My 2006 Almera has been acting weird lately. Randomly, the central working stops working, including the internal unlock button.

If I go to unlock the car with the fob, the lights flash and nothing happens.

If I go to unlock the car from the internal unlock button, I hear something clicking behind the dash and it doesn't unlock.

It's very intermittent, but getting to be a pain now, as something I have the buggy in the boot and I can't get to it.

If I use the override key on the passenger side, I can get in, but none of the other doors will unlock (by same procedure above).

I've replaced the battery and same issue. I've used the other key, and same issue. I've reprogrammed the key, and same issue. I've no idea what next to try!

Thanks

Advertisement