Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Starting problem Kia Rio diesel

Options
  • 25-03-2016 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I have a bit of a strange problem. Am hoping someone out there can solve it as it has baffled a few mechanics at this stage. I have a 2011 Kia Rio diesel. The car will always start when cold. Occasionally after driving for about 20 minutes and the engine is hot when I switch off the car it may not restart until the engine goes cold when it will then restart. Has anyone any idea what this problem may be. This has happened several times.

Thanks a mill in advance,

Aoibheann79

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There is some talk of a temperature sensor in the fuel pump causing this kind of thing on those, but you should really have it scanned for fault codes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aoibheann79

I have booked it into a garage but given the difficulty in solving I thought I would bring a few suggestions to the mechanic this time. I will say to scan and check the temperature sensor.

Thanks for that Jimgoose:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have booked it into a garage but given the difficulty in solving I thought I would bring a few suggestions to the mechanic this time. I will say to scan and check the temperature sensor.

Thanks for that Jimgoose:)

You're very welcome. Good luck with it.

Advertisement