Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup Final

Options
  • 25-03-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Anybody planning on going to this in Lyon?

I picked up tickets at around Christmas time in a decent location in the ground and got tickets for the Challenge Cup for the night before for the sake of 15 euro a ticket.

I'd to wait to see if I would be available for it but I had a fair idea I would have been. Only thing is it costs an absolute bomb to get over there. Lyon isn't cheaply accessible from Ireland.

Anyone have any plans on heading over? What are you travel/accomm plans etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm thinking of going but would prefer to have an idea of who'll be in the final. If there's no French team or if it's Saracens v Racing I doubt I'd bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

That's the thing. I'd prefer to see closer to the time, but travel arrangements etc have to be sorted. An all French affair would be electric. I'd quite like to see DC play for Racing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

RHunce wrote: »
    Anybody planning on going to this in Lyon?

I picked up tickets at around Christmas time in a decent location in the ground and got tickets for the Challenge Cup for the night before for the sake of 15 euro a ticket.

I'd to wait to see if I would be available for it but I had a fair idea I would have been. Only thing is it costs an absolute bomb to get over there. Lyon isn't cheaply accessible from Ireland.

Anyone have any plans on heading over? What are you travel/accomm plans etc?

Geneva is quite near Lyon, I'm sure there are direct flights to there from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Just check there €100 flights return with swiss air for around the final dates from Dublin

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My parents are flying Dublin to Lyon direct next month and the flights are about 100 euros return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I was tempted to go the Camp Nou for the Top14 final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I thought they called off the CC this year after the pool stages, non?

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

They should have called it off, similar to the WC Semi Finals :pac:

I gave my tickets away to a friend who's going interrailing, I'm sure he'll find an appropriate use for them, either using them or selling them for a pack of cigarettes :D

Advertisement