Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laurel hedging

Options
  • 25-03-2016 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭

I bought 100 plants of Laurel hedging (small and potted), planted in Jan,
    was told it would be best to feed plants come spring, i bought a tub of chicken feed, would this be suitable for feeding ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I bought 100 plants of Laurel hedging (small and potted), planted in Jan,
    was told it would be best to feed plants come spring, i bought a tub of chicken feed, would this be suitable for feeding ?
    Not sure about laurels plants, but should be fine for your chickens:pac::D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I really wouldn't bother, no need, I've a hedge down years and kept some spares in pots which are not exactly thriving but are in V good condition - once they have water.....

Get them into the ground and they'll take off.....

PS on phone here so can't type at length - search for laurel fertiliser on here for ideas, co-op does 50kg bags of potato fertiliser for 20 quid.... I found the chicken poo ones are mad expensive and go nowhere....

Advertisement