Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make friends with sports team?

• 25-03-2016 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    I am a very shy person but I love to play rugby. I have not talked to anybody on the rugby team yet and I have been to five training sessions. What do I do to initiate a conversation without seeming too desperate or being annoying? And also how do I small talk properly? Small talk seems too conventional and would that annoy them?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Just go up to them and start with a simple "Well lads, what's the craic?" and take it from there. Or try taking about rugby as it is a common interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Make sure you play your best and above all play for the team. Your fellow players will respect that. In rugby, you often get the opportunity to "help" your fellow players, use it. If you earn their respect, you will certainly earn their friendship.

Advertisement