Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIK Software is now Free

Options
  • 24-03-2016 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭

Google has now made the NIK software collection free, anybody who purchased in 2016 should receive a refund shortly.

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/
    Photo enthusiasts all over the world use the Nik Collection to get the best out of their images every day. As we continue to focus our long-term investments in building incredible photo editing tools for mobile, including Google Photos and Snapseed, we’ve decided to make the Nik Collection desktop suite available for free, so that now anyone can use it.

The Nik Collection is comprised of seven desktop plug-ins that provide a powerful range of photo editing capabilities -- from filter applications that improve color correction, to retouching and creative effects, to image sharpening that brings out all the hidden details, to the ability to make adjustments to the color and tonality of images.

Starting March 24, 2016, the latest Nik Collection will be freely available to download: Analog Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro and Dfine. If you purchased the Nik Collection in 2016, you will receive a full refund, which we’ll automatically issue back to you in the coming days.

We’re excited to bring the powerful photo editing tools once only used by professionals to even more people now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Wow. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

As someone new to Photography how good would this be compared to the likes of Picasa or Photoshop.
    Now be gentle with the replies as I said a newbie to all of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It is not a standalone program rather a plug-in which operates with other programs. I think it works with Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Synchronicity

Are there any good tutorials for Nik anyone can recommend? I've seen lots of people rave about it but I can't seem to unlock any magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭killym

Are there any good tutorials for Nik anyone can recommend? I've seen lots of people rave about it but I can't seem to unlock any magic.

Try to edit raws. I've tried silver efects pro (magnificent b&w), color effects (very interesting) and the one for emulation old cameras (magnificent) .
    I can say that's very advanced piece of software, so "good tutorials" would invole plenty of hussle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Synchronicity

killym wrote: »
    Try to edit raws. I've tried silver efects pro (magnificent b&w), color effects (very interesting) and the one for emulation old cameras (magnificent) .
    I can say that's very advanced piece of software, so "good tutorials" would invole plenty of hussle.

Ob

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

CabanSail wrote: »
    It is not a standalone program rather a plug-in which operates with other programs. I think it works with Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture.

Working with Elements 12 also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Have downloaded it and installed. Played a bit with Silver Efex as I have been curious for a while. Cannot say I like it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

Color Efex pro is brilliant. The secret is keeping it subtle.

Advertisement