Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you're looking forward to

Options
  • 24-03-2016 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

New thread to talk about coming up or recently announced games that you're looking forward to, and why you're looking forward to it.
    Mainly for indie games as I had hoped the thread would be for uncovering gems more so than AAAs which will already have massive coverage.

To start anyways,

Slain!

Platform PC, PS4, XBOne, PSVita and WiiU

Release Date Today on PC, June/July on console

Slain! is a 2D platformer based on arcade combat style, something I have a softspot for (see below). Its also got a pretty metal vibe to it so I'm hoping the soundtrack will be great. No levelling or RPG elements is what I've picked up from it, so it'll be interesting to see the difficulty curve.

Steam Link

EITR

Platform PS4 and PC

Release Date 2016

EITR looks like an isometric Souls game as far as I can tell, its quite pretty and the combat looks quite good from the above trailer. It's Nordic based which means were in for some ass-kicking godly intervention hopefully. Oh, and strong female protagonist.

Steam Link

Deaths Gambit

Platform PC exclusive, with plans to bring it to consoles

Release Date None yet

Deaths Gambit just looks really fricking pretty, again, a 2D Sidescroller, this is an ARPG though. The game is nonlinear, and combat is supposedly going to be about strategy instead of reflex's and muscle memory, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. No story announcement yet but as you're an Agent of Death killing Immortals I can see it being God of War retribution style stuff.

Steam Link

If anyone has a better idea for the name or layout of the thread, feel free to suggest anything better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Uncharted 4

I liked the 1st 3 games, I played the Beta, it looks nice, it has just the right amount of involvement and suspension of disbelief that I find it fun.

I look forward greatly to playing the 4th game in a series where I enjoyed the other 3 very much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just posting a name will turn this into a list thread which will get locked, so if you're going to name a game say something about it

Thanks for the edit :pac: I now realise sequels speak for themselves in most cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Battallion 1944

PC/PS4/XB1

Release Date - early 2017

We're so overdue a solid WW2 multiplayer shooter, I just pray that it's actually decent and doesn't try to be too ambitious and end up the jack of all trades but master of none situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭xtal191

This looks interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (out May 24th) is probably the only game I'll buy on release day this year. The original game was one of the most original and innovative experiences available on last-gen consoles and I'm hoping its sequel will be similarly unique.

Love the art-style too and from the trailers I've seen so far this looks like it's gonna be stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm hoping that Ni-Oh will get a PC release. Currently a PS4 exclusive, but with the amount of exclusives that are making their way to PC lately, and the fact that Koei Tecmo seems to be really upping their game with PC ports, I'm kinda hopeful.

Looks very much like a "Samurai Souls" ;)

Links234 wrote: »

If I'd watched that with my eyes closed I would have guessed it was a souls game , from the sound of combat, footsteps and other atmospheric sounds

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That looks great, someday I'm going to steal my brothers PS4 and lock myself in a room with that and Bloodborne.

I know you said indie but still

Quantum Break is looking seriously good, and is bringing new and fresh mechanics to the action genre

I love Remedy anyway, Max Payne / Alan Wake etc

Nioh looks great, I for one would be happy for the market to be flooded with decent Souls clones (here's looking at you Lords of the Fallen)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Gerard3003

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands :

US Army sends and elite squad of "ghosts" into Bolivia to take down the largest suppliers of cocaine in the world , the Santa Blanca drug cartel.
    Open world tactical shooter. Dynamic day and night cycles, completing a mission in daylight makes spotting enemies easier while carrying it out at night gives you a tactical advantage or element of surprise. XP can be gained to level up, character can be customized , enemies looted and gear used. AI will be unscripted and have their own "motivation and agenda" according to the creative director of the game.

Unfortunately I'm too new to share links, but go onto youtube and check out the E3 2015 reveal trailer, looks insane and can't wait! Unfortunately no release date as of yet.

Nioh looks great, I for one would be happy for the market to be flooded with decent Souls clones (here's looking at you Lords of the Fallen)

Well, this is from Team Ninja who previously did the Ninja Gaiden series, so it's got that lineage there, but there's definitely a lot of Souls influence too along with Onimusha. Interested to see how that stance mechanic that's shown off plays out in the gameplay. It's something that if it got a PC release, I'd be eager to buy it day 1, and with a Keoi Tecmo game that's saying something.

But it's kinda interesting that "Soulslike" is becoming a genre unto itself, you've got this, Salt & Sanctuary, and I was looking at Darkmaus a while ago as well:

You'll have me ruined Links :p

Keep'em coming

Did you buy Darkmaus? I shall not be held accountable for that! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Doom.

Enough said.

I haven't bought anything and have barely glimpsed at Darkmaus so no worries :D Substandard is it? Just a mention of Souls clone prayers piques my interest is all

It's actually meant to be excellent, I'm tempted to pick it up myself at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

If anyone has a better idea for the name or layout of the thread, feel free to suggest anything better.
    I was going to suggest this thread but holy crap it's four years old. I'm always up for some new recommendations though so...

In a similar vein to Death's Gambit and Slain, there's Dark Flame.

Nelo

Their Kickstarter is still live here. Their campaign had been struggling but then Super Best Friends Play did a video about it and boom, funded.

Wizard of Legend

Aztez

I've been looking forward to this since...forever.

DESYNC

Seasons After Fall

Katana Zero

GoNNER

And finally Megasphere which is already in Early Access. Oh and Enter The Gungeon is another one but there's a thread about it over here already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

As much as the comparisons to souls are obvious, Nioh also reminds me of Onimusha and an old PS1 game called Ronin Blade

Koei Tecmo actually have a ton of games I'm looking forward to

BeneficialRelievedGhostshrimp.gif

Nights of Azure is a really interesting title that mixes stuff from games like Folklore and Chaos Legion as it's an action RPG but with creatures you can also summon to aid in the combat AND style/stance switching all making for some great combat.

The Attack on Titan PS4 game looks pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I predict this thread will not be good for my wallet.

• Advertisement

Tokyo 42

Just announced during the week. The guys at Mode7 Games were massively impressed by it so decided to help get it published.

Seraph just popped up on Early Access, looks pretty neat from the trailers anyway so definitely going to keep an eye on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that Ni-Oh will get a PC release. Currently a PS4 exclusive, but with the amount of exclusives that are making their way to PC lately, and the fact that Koei Tecmo seems to be really upping their game with PC ports, I'm kinda hopeful.

OMG when is this game been released for the PS4?

I am really looking forward to Destiny 2 to see how they progress the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Dishonored 2- though this has no set release date yet. I enjoyed the first one. It was short enough but entertaining enough to want me to learn more about the gameworld

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Not much info on it yet but I do love the fact that it's open world with multiple ways to complete missions. If they can pull off what they've promised so far it'll be amazing but then again, Ubisoft have burned their players before so I'll be taking a back-seat for a while to see where it goes.

There's an Alpha demo available for Nioh now on PS4. I am damn jealous, and hoping to hell this gets a PC release too.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Nice to see their trend of not giving any information AT ALL is doing wonders for any hype they have for that game. In this age of the industry, it's pretty shocking. No tweets since August last year, no facebook or website activity... Makes you wonder if the small group making it are even still alive.
    They are indeed! It got picked up by Devolver Digital last Summer who will probably be in charge of marketing until release. They're currently showing it off at PAX East at the Playstation booth but there was also a gameplay video from Vaati released for it back in January.

Shadow Warrior 2 looked class when shown @ Pax

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

As it's a Ubisoft game, I'm a bit iffy about it and will probably wait for reviews to see how well it's done but I must say it looks promising.

This will probably be an auto-buy

Advertisement