Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Base price of car - ROI vs UK

Options
  • 24-03-2016 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Just curious as to whether the base price of cars minus all taxes etc is the same in both ROI and UK?

With sterling now falling buying in the UK does look more attractive now from both a cost and choice perspective.

One day dreaming comparison I did was a GL63 AMG 2015 - €268,000 in Ireland yes that's actually correct. It was low mileage maybe 4-5,000.

UK same car £74,000 + a bit of VRT as in €60,000 but still a near €100,000 price difference albeit at the top end of the scale.:eek:

I know it's all model specific but just generally speaking are we paying more even without taxes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

extras on a gl could be massive cost though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

UK was a higher spec just.

The difference in price of €100,000 on an already high specced car - I was shocked tbh.

I wouldn't go basing much on the comparison between merc gl AMGs though.
    Maybe compare a few mainstream models. The fact that dealers aren't bringing in new cars like they used to suggests that there's nothing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I knew it was an extreme example - just more than I thought.

I don't know how many AMG models dealers here sell, I'd imagine next to none. I don't know if there's any extra costs to the dealer to be allowed sell AMG stuff. I know a merc salesman in Eastern Europe and they sell a massive amount of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement