Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone had a car serviced in Finbarr Galvin's Bandon?

Options
  • 24-03-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Just wondering if you were happy with the customer service, and the service itself? had an octavia serviced about 2 months ago. Issues raised on the day included leaking seal on driver's door (still leaking), water in the boot (explained by boot door having to be adjusted, now the door has to be closed twice a lot of the time), the coolant light appeared yesterday. They wrote on the invoice that they had given the car a free hoover and wash, but didn't do it. Explained by the wash being broken during January. That wouldn't be an issue at all, despite they not advising on the day that it wasn't working. It's the other bigger things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

AnCiotog wrote: »
    Just wondering if you were happy with the customer service, and the service itself? had an octavia serviced about 2 months ago. Issues raised on the day included leaking seal on driver's door (still leaking), water in the boot (explained by boot door having to be adjusted, now the door has to be closed twice a lot of the time), the coolant light appeared yesterday. They wrote on the invoice that they had given the car a free hoover and wash, but didn't do it. Explained by the wash being broken during January. That wouldn't be an issue at all, despite they not advising on the day that it wasn't working. It's the other bigger things.

I don't know them or have anything to do with them, but with respect I think you are being a tad hash.
    Leaking seal on drivers door....did they say or do anything? Boot door , ok they did not cure that one, leaks can be hard find, boot seals on the Octavia II have been known to leak, coolant light on, why?, maybe it just need a top up??, if a top up is required, you can't say anything on that one two months after service....
    Sorry I know it's not what you want to hear....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

We've bought three cars there and got them serviced there also. I've never had a bad experience there. When the time comes to change, I'll probably be back there shopping (assuming Seat or Skoda have something that matches my specification).

The boot door in the Octavia is a known problem. The striker the lock latches onto moves in its mount. Thus, the boot doesn't seal. The cure is to move the striker back down. This does make the boot seem harder to close as it must compress the rubber boot seal. Coolant light can appear at any time, its more than likely not their fault it came on. I've asked them in the past not to wash/hiover the car (I prefer to detail myself).

clogher71 wrote: »
    ..... coolant light on, why?, maybe it just need a top up??, if a top up is required........

Just for the OP who seems to be not overly car savvy, coolant issues are rarely cured by "a top up", it's a closed system and the level only drops if the coolant is leaking.

I say rarely as some cars leaks are so small that it takes quite a while for the loss to manifest itself to an extent that it's noticed, a top up thus is thought to "cure" the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Bought my last two there and serviced too, never had any issues with them. Been quite impressed by the service set up tbh. Brian's quote approachable tbh so its definitely worth having a chat with him.

Does the drivers seal need replacing? Coolant light doesn't necessarily mean it had anything to do with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭mengele

I have a relative that always buys Renaults. always bought the Renaults off them while they had the dealership but now have moved to kearys and they say kearys don't have half the after sales service/ are too big etc and ratered the smaller finbarr galvins garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

I'll make this as fair as possible as I am a regular customer there.

They have one of the best Salesmen there in the country, Declan, who in my opinion is why their Sales are one of the highest in the country.

I have got a few of mine and my wife's car's serviced there and once its a regular service then there is no trouble, professional, courteous and price is not too bad.

The problems arise when cars give trouble that involves anything out of regular servicing, I've had my current car back to them 3 times for a particular problem and it took them these 3 attempts to fix it, replacing parts under warranty until they got to the exact problem.

A previous car I had from new, I had back then 6 times before a problem was rectified (luckily all under warranty again).

I understand they are busy , so if you are getting a regular service done then I would recommend them for that, not sure if you have an unusual problem though?

mengele wrote: »
    ............ kearys and they say kearys don't have half the after sales service/ are too big etc and ratered the smaller finbarr galvins garage.

I've rarely head anything positive regarding Kearys since they've "moved on" from Toyota. Well I've heard lots positive about their motorcycle sales but that's a tad different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement