Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car scratch remover

Options
  • 24-03-2016 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi All
    I liked to ask you about a products I have use,
    The name is T- cut color fast scratch Remover black,
    I got a scratch the full lent of my car I think it was keyed or something,
    This product was brilliant I have to say, it got it 95% right it looks so much better,
    My question is how long will this scratch stay away, will this scratch come back
    From washing and rain, or it it gone for good, do I need to put any other product over this to keep it this way, if I do what do you recommend
    Thanking you,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The scratch won't come back.
    T-Cut is an abrasive and it really just sands down the surrounding paint to below where the scratch was.

You need to wax the area now as the top coat was removed by the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

biko wrote:
    You need to wax the area now as the top coat was removed by the cut.

Will a standard turtle wax be good enough for this.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I would imagine if the car was keyed the scratch may have gone through to the primer in places... Can you stick your fingernail into it? Or are they're any white parts of the scratch on what im guessing is a black car? If so its more then likely too deep to fix with tcut and will need paint to be filled.

It was just a white line, you could see it from 6ft away, after the T Cut, you would have to look very close to find the line, now, if I put turtle wax on it now would that protect it, the car is black

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

I used the stuff your on about before if its the one I'm thinking of. It leaves a residue in the scratch that's why you have to select the color to match it to the car. It will mask it for some time but the scratch is still there if it went deep enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any wax will do.

Thanks very much all, for your help today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I used that paste stuff, on a black car, and it did damn all for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The stuff basically fills the scratch with black stuff. It will come off again though.
    T cut 365 wax is good for this too, seems to last a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Stuff I had was white paste?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it's down to the White undercoat there's no paint there to fix. The t cut stuff fills the hole, so to speak. Comes in different colours.

White paste just sounds like cutting compound?

Advertisement