Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe Advice in the South East

Options
  • 24-03-2016 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Broke my leg in several places playing roller derby two years ago, have not run since. Botched initial surgery resulted in several more surgeries and physio has just now given me the clear to slowly ease back into it. I've gained a lot of weight and still have shin pain at the break site, so am very conscious I need to invest in some good supportive shoes.

I'm in Clonmel and wondering if anyone has any recommendations of shops in the South East who could do gait analysis and offer comprehensive advice given my size and injury history and who won't laugh a fat runner out of the shop. Happy to drive to Cork/Waterford/Limerick etc. We have an Elverys but I spoke with them before and they didn't seem particularly knowledgeable.

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Try John Buckley Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Travel to Dublin and visit Run Logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Plodman

Outfield Sports in Carrick or Alfie Hale's in Waterford are probably the best bet in the south east. John Buckleys would be good too as mentioned above. I would definitely not take advice from anyone working in Elverys or Lifestyle; the vast majority of staff would have little or no running knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

+1 to Outfield Sports in Carrick. Personally I find Alfie Hales in Waterford a bit hit and miss with advice/help. Or if you fancy a road trip to Bray - Amphibian King are great.

Best of luck with the return to running :)

Advertisement