Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao course, what to do for somebody like me?

Options
  • 23-03-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

i had plans on a future level 5, for a specific future cao course level 8 afterwards it states i would need in or around 250+ cao points, how can this be possible for somebody who had not finished their leaving cert? what other options are there other than waiting until you're 23?
    Entry requirement: Full FETAC Level 5 award, including a distinction grade in at least 3 modules, or a FETAC Level 6 award.

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not very clear what you are asking.

The entry requirement you posted is for a full FETAC Level 5 award, with distinctions in at least three modules. That is the minimum for progression to whatever course that apples to.

The max FETAC points is 400, plenty for a course looking for 250.
    FETAC points calculator

Do your Level 5 - get as miany distinctions as you can and if 250 is the entry requirement you will get in.

Speak to the Adult Education Officer in your local ETB.

Advertisement