Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registration Cert conundrum

Options
  • 23-03-2016 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

I am currently in the process of buying a new car so I needed to get a new Reg Cert for my car as I had lost mine over the years. I got a shock when I noted that I am officially the second owner of the car even though I bought it new from a dealer in 2004.

I bought my car new on the 30th of April 2004 and the car was first registered on the 29th of April 2004. I have used this date on several occasions over the years when booking NCT's. The car is registered in my name.

In 2008, i moved house however I never did a change of address for the registration of the car. However I did tax the car and NCT the car over the years and all had my current address listed in any correspondence.

As I am going to be trading in my car in a few weeks time, I started looking for my original log book / reg. cert however this must have been lost when I moved house. I applied and received a replacement Reg. Cert, however I noted some things.

The Date of first licencing is the 20th of May - No idea about this?
    Date of registration in Ireland = 29th April 2004 -
    Previous Owners = 1 (even though I am the only ever owner of this car)
    Date of Sale = 29th April 2008

Any ideas how a phantom sale seems to have happened in 2008?
    Any ideas who to contact to rectify?
    I suspect that in April 2008, I might have given the car its 1st NCT or that the Car Tax due was listed in my new address?

If anybody could shed a little light on this would appreciate..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,282 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did you update the address on the car in 2008? Perhaps a mistake was made and they assumed it was a new owner rather than a change of address. I'd give them a call about it and they should sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Does it actually really matter as at this stage it not a overly new car.

Advertisement