Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 clocked?

Options
  • 23-03-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Bought a 2010 Audi A4 from a garage last October. I just done NCT today, passed no problem but when I got the certificate I noticed it now has less miles than the last NCT! 87.5k on July 2014 - 74.5k now.

Any suggestions on my next course of action?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

PCwiggum wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Bought a 2010 Audi A4 from a garage last October. I just done NCT today, passed no problem but when I got the certificate I noticed it now has less miles than the last NCT! 87.5k on July 2014 - 74.5k now.

Thanks

My next course of action would be to contact maybe Audi or some reputable garage that can read the on board diagnostic of your car to determine the Acutally mileage on it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Any chance the nct centre got confused between miles and kilometres? My last cert is in miles for some reason. Right number, wrong unit of measurement. Didn't notice until I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any service history with the car to confirm any miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,142 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All the NCT do is print the mileage that the tester sees on the car's odometer at the time of the test. Its possible to flip the odometer reading between km and miles on most cars so it is possible that the reading on the current NCT was in miles and the reading from the previous NCT cert was in km or vice versa?

54.5k miles in July 2014 would equate to 87.5k km while 74.5k miles in March 2016 would equate to 119k km. So the car would have covered about 20k miles or 32k km between both NCT certs. Does this seem right?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

Yeah the odometer can be changed between km and mls. My mechanic seems to think most likely an NCT error. I'll get him to check the on board computer at next service. Cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

PCwiggum wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks

I own a car garage so Pm me the Reg and I'll run a Motorcheck history check on it to see if they have any relevant mileage readings that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

If you want the centre to correct the error, you better do it ASAP. Because after a fixed amount of time (not sure the amount, 5 days if I recall), they can't change it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

If you want the centre to correct the error, you better do it ASAP. Because after a fixed amount of time (not sure the amount, 5 days if I recall), they can't change it back.

Good call

Advertisement