Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpoint Service

Options
  • 23-03-2016 1:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

January 2014 I purchased a Hotpoint top load washing machine. There are 2 adults in total living in our home so you can imagine the usage this machine has received.
    Move forward to 05-02-2016. The machine fails to operate. We ring Hotpoint on their 0818 service number. (20 cent per min.) Booked a call for 08-02-16 Service man calls and fails to fix the machine and says that he has not the required parts. Fair enough. On 12-02 another engineer called and appeared to have everything except a drum to fix the machine. Alas, he could not fix the machine either and again said that he had not the part required. Another call to Hotpoint on 25-02. I was informed that an engineer was scheduled to call to me on that day. Needless to say no onecalled. That evening I rang and was told that a mistake had been made and that it was on the following day the scheduled visit was. Again no one called. Since then I have been given the runaroud time and time again by Hotpoints call centre. Different excuses ranging from a part being missing to the wrong engineer collecting the part to an engineer who is unable to fit the part and not telling another engineer to fit it. I have been promised a new machine (LOL) on two occasions. I contacted the shop from where I bought the machine and again they were promised a replacement machine would be delivered to me. Now today, I have been told by Hotpopint that the required part is not yet available. Hotpoint in Dublin are absolutely useless in this saying that for service I should ring their 0818 number. So far I have spent in excess of €25. on their service number and will not contact them again on this number as I am fully convinced that they keep you on the line to make money from it.
    Any ideas or thoughts :mad::mad:

Comments

Advertisement