Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you watch yours?

Options
  • 23-03-2016 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Just curious to see what subsscription services if any, the rest of you subscribe to, in order to watch UFC events.

I have BT sports on virgin/UPC for the PPV's and I also subscribe to fightpass.

Personally I love fightpass and think its a fantastic service. I watch the majority of events on it unless they are PPV's on BT sports. Fightpass is also handy as anything for me if I am on the road and have to pay for a PPV. Twice last year I was in the US for PPV events and while it killed me to shell out $60 for the events its always nice to have the option. I think the early prelims and access to TUF alone are worth the €7.99 a month. Not to mention the rest of the content.

As for BT sports I have to say I probably would not renew my subscription if they lost the rights to broadcast the UFC.

I've included a poll. Please select the option that applies to you!!

EDIT: Poll is private by the way.

How do you watch UFC events? 37 votes

I have BT Sports subscription.
    0% 0 votes
    I have a FightPass subscription.
    40% 15 votes
    I have both BT Sports and FightPass.
    32% 12 votes
    I use other PPV streaming services ie: Youtube.
    18% 7 votes
    I use ''free'' streaming services.
    8% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I mainly use fight pass, best 7.99 I spend. Currently enjoying a few free months thanks to ufc rewards, I'd advise everyone to sign up to that especially if you use the fantasy picks it gets you points you can use off a Fightpass sub and other things.

Most ppvs I watch on the Android box or il buy it on Fightpass if the event is good enough and the lads want to have a few beers e.g 196.

The bulk of it all comes from Fightpass though the content is second to none with ufc now etc, the new 20/20 series is quality aswell, the weidman/Rockhold fight was the first one in the series it's class.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Same as ASOT, FightPass is a brilliant purchase and well worth the €7 p/m.

For bigger numbered cards if I have a few mates over I'll buy the PPV no problem but otherwise I'll watch in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

For bigger numbered cards if I have a few mates over I'll buy the PPV no problem but otherwise I'll watch in the morning.

I have both fightpass and BT sports, I watch a lot of football as well so bt is great in that regard. Fightpass membership is up shortly, not sure if I'll renew it - I've watched most of the TUF''s already, it is handy for the European cards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I watch non-PPV events on Fox Sports, it's the only reason I have the sports pack.

PPV events I go to the pub and watch them. Better atmosphere, and often a lot cheaper. (No opinion for that in the poll)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Mind me asking how you watch them the next morning?

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I watch non-PPV events on Fox Sports, it's the only reason I have the sports pack.

I was in Australia for Bisping/Rockhold. Fox Sports UFC coverage really is fantastic.

Hoki wrote: »
    I have both fightpass and BT sports, I watch a lot of football as well so bt is great in that regard. Fightpass membership is up shortly, not sure if I'll renew it - I've watched most of the TUF''s already, it is handy for the European cards though.

I'm the same as you. Have BT and Fightpass. But I can honestly say I would get rid of BT sports first. I'm not a football fan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Rolling 2 month 1/2 price setanta sub, just keep cancelling it and they keep offering 1/2 price. Pretty sweet to get all the PPVs,usually just watch the recording next morn unless its a biggie.
    Id end up paying way more if I went Fightpass only . Gave it a month free trial but wasnt watching it enough to even justify the 7e. Good for a crash course in UFC history though.
    Tried streaming for a while but stream hunting, streams dropping and low quality streams get old very quickly , dont mind paying as long as I can get a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

BT Sports, slap on the record and wake up Sunday and watch it after the football usually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

BT. Like mentioned, if they lost the rights, I'd be unsubscribing straight away. Originally got it for the football, but have kept it due to UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

John_D80 wrote: »
    I was in Australia for Bisping/Rockhold. Fox Sports UFC coverage really is fantastic.
    Yeah it really is, the only think they don't show is the first two prelims, and they even make it in sometimes. Pre/post fight shows with Cruz, DC, Bisping etc can be good but I'm usually fast forwarding through that.

I think I'd struggle going back to watching fights at 4am

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I rarely watch full events anymore, I've got fight fatigue, see a 1000 fights and you've seen them all :P If I ever do happen to be awake and there is an event on I'll use 'alternative' methods or I might look up a fight from one of my favourites on mmacore the next day but that is fairly rare nowadays. KSW is the only thing I will pay for since it's cheap and handy for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

John_D80 wrote: »
    Mind me asking how you watch them the next morning?

Not sure I can say...

It's rare enough thought that I wouldn't buy the PPV. If I'm staying awake, I'll pay no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fight Pass for everything about from the PPV's obviously.

For PPV's, I'll buy them if it's a McGregor event or other big event (works out at a few quid each if you have a few people chipping in) or stream them otherwise.

I expect a Fight Pass Subscription increase coming up soon however with the big push they're giving it. I know it won't rise by this much, but even if it was rise by €5 a month I still feel it would be a bargain for the amount of use I get from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Sketch lads

Advertisement