Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA SMS Messaging System

Options
  • 23-03-2016 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if there have been threads on this before. I am relatively new to the role of secretary in the GAA and have noticed the online texting service on the GAA system.

I'm just trying to get peoples opinions on it. Is it any use? Does it work out cheap or expensive? I have been using webtexts till now but if I need to send more than one club wide text a month I run out of texts so I was wondering if this was the way forward.

We use Whatsapp for team notifications but for, dare I say it, older club members an SMS notification is still really the best way.

It seems a good solution to me but before we go and buy credits etc I'd just like to get some opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

For what its worth, I'm the registrar for my club and I have never used the SMS option. I use the e-mail option extensively as there is no charge for that.

I had heard some chatter last year that the SMS option would be free but no change thus far.

Advertisement