Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartered Engineer query

Options
  • 22-03-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Guys,

I am an Electrical Engineer by profession with a trade background and have started looking into becoming chartered. My honors degree (BSc) is accredited with the Energy Institute but not Engineers Ireland.

Does anybody know if there is any difference becoming chartered via the Energy Institute as opposed to Engineers Ireland i.e is one better than the other?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It depends on what you want out of becoming a chartered engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sparks82

godtabh wrote: »
    It depends on what you want out of becoming a chartered engineer

Basically I want to be as professionally qualified and keep as up to date throughout my career as possible.

Is one better than the other or thought of more highly than the other (Engineers Ireland v Energy Institute)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sparks82 wrote: »
    Basically I want to be as professionally qualified and keep as up to date throughout my career as possible.

Is one better than the other or thought of more highly than the other (Engineers Ireland v Energy Institute)

The EI is a generally engineering based membership organisation. The Energy Institute maybe more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sparks82

godtabh wrote: »
    The EI is a generally engineering based membership organisation. The Energy Institute maybe more relevant.

Thanks Godtabh

• Advertisement
Advertisement